Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2002 10:34:26 AM EDT
Damn, I got bit bad.  In the last month I've bought a Beretta Over\under for sporting clays and just yesterday I bought a Browning Ultra XT over/under trap shotgun.  I've also bought the MEC 9000G progressive shotshell loader and the components so I can have enough shells to keep me shooting.  When I bought my Bushmaster DCM rifle I said I didn't need anymore guns, but then went and built an M1A a couple of months ago too.  When will this obsession end?  
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The "gun bug" what ever the strain will never end.  I had the shotgun bug for a while and tried to quench it with my AR. It was a cheaper shooter. I had an Enfield, Ithaca 37, now the AR made it complete.  I didn't need anymore rifles.  Well so much for that.  I didn't realize that there was a side effect of "Building your own AR" of the AR bug...it never ends...
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Damn, I got bit bad.  In the last month I've bought a Beretta Over\under for sporting clays and just yesterday I bought a Browning Ultra XT over/under trap shotgun.  I've also bought the MEC 9000G progressive shotshell loader and the components so I can have enough shells to keep me shooting.  When I bought my Bushmaster DCM rifle I said I didn't need anymore guns, but then went and built an M1A a couple of months ago too.  When will this obsession end?  

After you kick yourself around with those Over/unders a while I bet you'll end up adding a gas gun like the Browning Gold, Remington 1100, or Beretta AL390/391...they smooth out the recoil quite a bit...corse they sound like a bucket-a-bolts.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, by all means take a look at the Beretta AL391 in 20 ga and think about dove & quail hunting.

hehehehe I'm no help.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]
See if a preban Benelli M1 Tactical will do the trick.  If not, you need to try a Scattergun Tech. 14" Border Patrol.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I hear ya, billsr.  I used to think my 870 was good enough for all the games.  Then I bought a Browning Citori (a field gun), and *that* was good enough for all the games.  Then it wasn't and I bought a Browning Special Trap, which I think is similar to your XT but all blue and no adjustable trigger.

Also I picked up a (relatively) cheap Miroku O/U that has a few dings in it so I don't have to feel bad about carrying it in the field and knocking it around (a bit) in the truck.

O/Us are like ARs.  One's never enough.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

After you kick yourself around with those Over/unders a while I bet you'll end up adding a gas gun like the Browning Gold, Remington 1100, or Beretta AL390/391...they smooth out the recoil quite a bit...corse they sound like a bucket-a-bolts.....

I tried a Beretta 391 and I did like it and you're right, hardly any recoil at all.  But, my main reason for not buying one was due to the fact that it is semi-auto and throws the shells.  As I am shooting sporting clays and trap, I want to keep my shells for reloading and it is much easier to save them with the over/unders, rather than hunting around for the shells thrown out by the semi-auto.  With a good recoil suppressor and a kick-eze recoil pad on the stock, the recoil will be under control for me.  I'm 58 yrs. old, have had four back operations, and have arthritis, so I'm careful when it comes to recoil.  In fact, my main excuse for not shooting a shotgun for many years has been the operations, and now I'm glad I finally decided to take up the sport.  Now I'll have my highpower shooting and my shotgun sports to keep me busy all year long.  Besides, I've just met another group of friendly shooters.
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Yea, you're right about autoloaders and those hulls. They throw 'em all over hell's half-acre. Guess I've just gotten used to chasing them down.

I also use the MEC9000 to reload my hulls. I found I like the machine better with the auto-indexing mechanism removed...gives me more control over spilling shot  
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#10]
the only cure is a benelli
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top