Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/2/2002 10:21:01 AM EDT
Yep, gettin' older, all the way up to 34 years really old.

My lovely wife has told me that I can have $500 towards whatever I want, and whatver I want is to build an M4gery. I am quite handy but do not want to mill or machine anything, I would rather buy parts and kits to build my own M4 clone.This will be a shooter/truck gun, not something to sit and look at.

Would someone here help me out with opinions on good quality parts and kits and possibly a website or two that may be good for parts and information? Much thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 10:32:38 AM EDT
Truck gun M4?

Sounds like a job for Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 11:09:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FALARAK:
Truck gun M4?

Sounds like a job for Bushmaster.

Or Rock River Arms.

You can't have a true M4gery as that would require a CAR stock and a pre-ban lower which would run more than $500 alone.

FWIW, I'm dubious as to whether you can get in under budget even with a post-ban parts gun. Maybe the wife will let you squeak out a little more. If you go with some of the non-name brand parts you might be able to do it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 4:34:04 AM EDT
I was going to say, spend the $500 on a hooker as a birthday present to yourself, but your wife may not appreciate it.

Another suggestion is to first purchase a video from AGI:

http://www.americangunsmith.com/

The video is called:

Build The AR-15
Have you ever wanted to build a Legal AR-15 from a Kit?

It had some good information and if I recall correctly it talks about which kits require the least amount of machining.

Cheers and happy birthday.
Top Top