Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2013 7:08:21 PM EDT
ok so I'm looking for a good bipod, most of the ones out there are geared more toward accuracy I'm looking for one that's meant for a machinegun... meaning it traverses. Can anyone recommend a good bipod that is able to do this? maybe I'm just spoiled with my MG34's bipod, but there has to be at least one out there that can do this
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Look into getting a Harris bipod along with this adapter http://www.harrisbipods.com/RBA.html. Blackhawk also makes a TraverseTrack bipod that should do the trick.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
What about one of those old m16 bipods that just clamp around the barrel?
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 4:01:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been really happy with a Tangodown ACB-4 Bipod on my Shrike with a 12" barrel.   It tucks nicely under the handguard when not in use and holds up to belt dumps
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Versa pod set-up I really like.

It is this kit for a little over $100 and the rail adapter is $37, both from Natchez.   You can adjust the tension on everything to make it as tight or sloppy as you want.   If you want a more basic floppy bipod you can skip the kit and get a plain one.

Bipod

Adapter
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been really happy with a Tangodown ACB-4 Bipod on my Shrike with a 12" barrel.   It tucks nicely under the handguard when not in use and holds up to belt dumps
View Quote

Will a vertical grip fit between the legs folded back??  Got a picture if it does?? I use uptight saw mags and side mount nutsacks curious if the feet are too far back...
I have a gripod and hate it...
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
does the versa pod traverse??  if it does I might go with that one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
does the versa pod traverse??  if it does I might go with that one.
View Quote

A little bit.   The legs mount to the body via a sort of ball joint that you can adjust the tension on.   It's alot like a Parker-Hale.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a parker hale on mine.  It traverses a little bit (enough for me)  very stable though!

Pinkerton OUT!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been looking around for something with the same idea in mind.  I like the idea of an m60 style, both for the retro aspect and functionality.  The only thing that I can find is modifying M60 bipods, and I cant find them for sale anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#10]
does the tango down actually traverse??
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:47:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes it does.  You got me curious, so I dug my Shrike upper out and checked it.  With the 16" barrel, the muzzle has about 4" of traverse back and forth with the Tangodown bipod installed.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top