Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2002 3:48:13 PM EDT
Yes it is true that S.O.G. Southern Ohio Gun, has very cheap Austria Hirtenberger 308 ammo. But they always say "You get what you pay for" In the case of Sog this is certainly true! Sog has the worst customer service I  have every received in all of my dealings with firearms. Not to mention false advertisement in there products. I ordered 1000rds of Austria Hirtenberger 308 ammo,for $139.75 I was shiped 200rds, 1 battle pack and billed 29.95 plus shipping. They had forgot to mention these were "OPEN" battle packs and the ammo was very discolored and brown looking. So I called sog and waited on hold for 20 min. After I finally reached someone, and they said they would ship me the remainder of the 800rds. They then charged me the 29.95 per 200rd battle pack. and the full shipping price again. So I called back customer service and waited on hold 20min. again, I asked them to fix the mix up.  They said "NO".  But they will credit my account for the $2. per battle pack that they charged over. That still does not help the fact these were open battle packs..  So in the end I get 1000rds of ammo for the price of $170.  But it is stil open ammo.  So I sugest to all: "If you are looking for 308 ammo look elsewhere then sog."
t
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you got screwed more than Linda Lovelace. It's for this very reason I buy ammo only at gunshows as I like to see what I'm getting.
As for crappy customer service, I'd rate my experience with  Burns Bros. as par with yours. I don't know if they're even in business anymore.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop payment on your credit card.  Fraudulent inducement to a contract is illegal and your credit card company will stand by you 1000%.  As a buyer, you are covered by the Uniform Commercial Code, which gives you remedies.  One of which is to refuse the partial shipment and to send it back, which is what I would do.  Need any help?  Feel free to email me, I hate when mail order companies bend us over.  I hope you paid by CC!
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I stick with Cole Distributing and Ammoman. Never had a problem with either since 1999. I also heard that SOG's Hirt. was infested with termites which is the reason for no wood cases and open battlepacks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The first shipment was crap, so why did you want the other 800 rounds????
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Call your credit card company and tell them exactly what happened. Our government, did do one thing right, and that was mandate consumer protection on credit card purchases. You will be amazed at how fast your credit card co. can get things done.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looks like you got screwed more than Linda Lovelace. It's for this very reason I buy ammo only at gunshows as I like to see what I'm getting.
As for crappy customer service, I'd rate my experience with  Burns Bros. as par with yours. I don't know if they're even in business anymore.

Do you mean the NY Burns Bros. in NY?

They're still in the biz.

Sherm
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Burns Bros. is now "Wholesale Guns and Ammo".  Ammoman is the way to go for .308.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had nothing but good service from RTC Sports in the SGN. Give them a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top