Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/3/2001 6:52:10 PM EDT
Topic says it all.

Looking for something to shoot with in winter.

Your suggestions, as well as websites and prices would be appreciated.

I think I'm less than four weeks away from needing some protection for my digits....
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:52:55 AM EDT
Try Cabela's fall or winter catalog. They've got pages of shooting gloves.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:32:01 AM EDT
I have a pair made by Hatch. They are insulated, black and have leather lined palms and fingers, except the index finger has no leather to allow better trigger feel. They were about $35 if I recall. The cheap way out is a pair of Rag wool or fleece gloves with a leather palm / fingers. You can then remove the leather from your trigger finger. Works fine (what I used to use before I found the Hatch gloves) and cheap too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:20:06 PM EDT
I got a pair of U.S. Mil surplus gloves at my local army surplus store. They're a mitten/glove arrangement, with a seperate thumb and seperate trigger finger. The liner is removable. Without liner I think they are rated to 10 degrees, with liner, down to -20 or so. They also have a long neck with a tie off, so they're great for pulling on over a jacket, then tying down so snow doesn't work it's way up your sleave.

Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:06:07 PM EDT
I have something for you to wear this winter that will keep your hands warm. Arizona sunshine. A nice winter afternoon is about 70 degrees. New Years Day we shoot in T-shirts and NO gloves.
So come on down and leave those nasty gloves at home.
Rats
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:10:40 PM EDT
What's winter?

It was nearly 80 here today...
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:12:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/4/2001 8:05:50 PM EDT by X--Kill]
I use some from Cabelas........."extreme" or "White-tail extreme".....something like that.

Anyhow.....Gortex and Thinsulate, wrist straps and very high cuffs that draw tight...also leather palmed and leather shooting finger, right or left..... made form a very quiet brushed cotton/nylon sort of material........mine are in Advantage.

They ran me about $40-$45 a pair last year this time.

Very very warm and very comfortable.

Also very wind-proof as I use mine form 4-wheeler riding in extreme conditions.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:42:55 PM EDT
Hatch - I have some of the LEO "search" type gloves. Nylon lined, all leather, elastic cuff around the wrist. Warm enough for most situations. Thin enough for a postive feel.

enter Hatch gloves at:

www.google.com
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:52:44 AM EDT
Cabela's has a fleece-lined neoprene glove that is really the cat's ass. Absolutely waterproof, retains body heat well because the neoprene is closed-cell like a wetsuit. Has a little slit for your trigger finger to stick thru.

shooter
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 3:51:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/5/2001 3:48:34 PM EDT by Gargoyle]

These are the best things I have come across to keep the paws warm while hunting. I use them hunting for everything. The rubber pad gives good grip, so no worry about loss of gripping.
Keeps your fingers warm and you still have a completely unobstructed flesh on trigger. The cover velcros to the back of your hand. There are many different brands with the same construction. Go for around $16. Thinsulate.

Neoprene gloves are my second choice.
Top Top