Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/14/2005 2:32:09 PM EST
Do you just take a hacksaw to it or replace the barrel?? I am looking at buying a mossburg and it has a 28" barrel, I want to make it a legal 18" barrel. What is the best way to do this??
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:57:02 PM EST
This guy says better make it 18.5 just to be safe.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:25:47 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:45:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/14/2005 4:47:15 PM EST by Big_Bear]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:59:02 PM EST
Buying a replacement barrel is probably the smartest approach for your gun. If you don't want the long barrel, sell it on the EE to offset the price of the short barrel.

If you really want to chop the barrel, then its easy (I've done it a couple of times... always above legal length). Here's the procedure: (1) cut the vent rib with a hacksaw in the right place, (2) use a pipe cutter to lightly score the cut line around the barrel, (3) cut carefully along the line with a hacksaw, and (4) clean up the cut with a medium file, being sure the muzzle satys square. Of course, you will lose any choke, so don't expect tight patterns.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:21:14 PM EST
My cousin has (Maybe he sold it) an 18 inch barrel for his mossberg that he was trying to sell I see him in a week if you haven boughting one by then ill have him talk to you about it
Top Top