Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/19/2002 10:04:51 AM EST
I once owned a Korean bring-back (Blue Sky Arsenal) GM M1 Carbine with a seriously pitted bore and chamber. I paid $125 for that rifle at a Lane Department / Food store and I ordered 12 new in wrap WWII era magazines from some place in California for $17 + shipping. I also stocked up on cheap PMC .30 carbine.

When I took it to the range it just wouldn't stop. It shot... and shot... and shot... and shot. The mags were great and the rifle cylced every time I pulled the trigger. No, it wasn't much to look at, and it certainly wasn't a collector's item - but it was reliable.

Not only was it reliable, but at 50 yards it would group at 3.5". Not bad considering the shape of the bore and the ammo I was using.

Needless to say, I was impressed. I was so impressed that I camoed it with Bowflage and later sold it with the mnags for $300!

How about you? Any unexpected GOOD experiences with a firearm?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:17:08 AM EST
This one time I took an evil black Army gun outside, and when I pulled the little lever thingy in front of the holding on to part, it went "Bang!" I tried it again, and again, it went "Bang." I did this like twenty eight more times, then all of a sudden it quit working! Weird! it wouldn't work anymore after that. The other neat surprise was that it would spit a nice shiney brass thing out of the side of it everytime it went "Bang!"
I tried to pick them up, but they were really hot!
Anyone else ever experience this?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:55:32 AM EST
crumabn,

I've also owned pristine M1 Garands that were dogs.

-PINGi3
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:59:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By crumabn:
This one time I took an evil black Army gun outside, and when I pulled the little lever thingy in front of the holding on to part, it went "Bang!" I tried it again, and again, it went "Bang." I did this like twenty eight more times, then all of a sudden it quit working! Weird! it wouldn't work anymore after that. The other neat surprise was that it would spit a nice shiney brass thing out of the side of it everytime it went "Bang!"
I tried to pick them up, but they were really hot!
Anyone else ever experience this?

Ive heard of that happening, strange....
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:18:00 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:41:28 PM EST
on a lark i built a J&T kit on a Century reciever that i am told was made be Hesse. thing went together like a charm. trigger is a little rough but for a $90 reciever who cares. even the finish looks pretty good!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:22:31 PM EST
Bought a Phoneix arms HP22 (.22 cal pistol) on a whim for $88 a few years back. This is one of those cheap "Saturday Night Specials" the gun haters like to harp about. At any rate, this pistol has proved to be be an accurate, reliable weapon, that is just plain fun to shoot.
Top Top