Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 7:07:21 PM EDT
Ive heard a lot of guys complain about their hydro carriers tasting like plastic.  As I've never been a fan of drinking out of the garden hose which hydro carrier wont leave a funnny taste in my mouth.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Best luck I've had has been with the Platapus line of resivors and a carrier by whoever you want. No plastic taste whatsoever
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had no problems out of either of two Camelbacks I've had. Nor has a co-worker of mine. 2 Ambushes and a thermoback.

If the tastes is a problem, get some powdered mix. Lemonade, gatoraid, gookinaide(wilderness tactical carries it), poweraid etc.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#3]
"The Source" has no plastic taste whatsoever.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've had no problems out of either of two Camelbacks I've had. Nor has a co-worker of mine. 2 Ambushes and a thermoback.

I have an OLD-old Camelbak commercial model that has a definite plastic taste. My Ambush with the opaque reservoir and insulated tube is much better in this regard. With it, I think the water quality has more of an effect on taste than does the hydro bladder itself.

If the tastes is a problem, get some powdered mix. Lemonade, gatoraid, gookinaide(wilderness tactical carries it), poweraid etc.  

That works, but it also prevents you from using the water in the CB for other things (emergency flushing of wounds, cleaning off of glasses/gear, etc) and makes cleaning the system more of a pain.  I was sure glad you brought something to add the other weekend, though; that water tasted like ass.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I plan on getting some gookinade from wilderness tactical to test out next. From all the sources at 10-8 and for the price it seems a lot better than the other options. Trying to cover the Sulfer taste at Atlanata I used the whole jar of Gatorade mix in no time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I plan on getting some gookinade from wilderness tactical to test out next.

Looking forward to it. LMK when you order; I might throw a couple things on there and split shipping with you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top