Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2001 10:22:10 PM EDT
I know this has been asked a hundred times....

What is your advice on scopes/sites for the carry handle? I'm not wanting to spend over $250....and if a cheaper optic will do the trick...I'd be happy. There are some scopes that I've seen at the gun shop...not real thrilled..this is not for hunting, it's for getting better bead on targets...quickly. I'm a new AR addict...need some advice.

Thanks in advance,
Mike              

Arab Season (OPEN)[
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the club!!!  I believe, and most will agree that the red-dot sights offer the quickest target acquisition. Tasco makes a good one, as do ultra-dot, leupold and others(for a few bucks more you can get an Aimpoint and it's the best of the breed).  As for the mount, there are several carry handle mounts, but most will require a delta style cheek piece for a proper cheek-weld.  The Arms and Aimpoint mounts that go through the carry handle and mount the sight out over the handguards are the best IMHO.  You can check with DSA or SWFA for the Aimpoint stuff. Shoot'em Up!!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Rabbit...I just went to the gun show today and bought a BSA red dot, $50 for my 16" Bushy...I'll probably buy a Holo for the M4 I'm about to purchase...Oh, yeah...I'm hooked. I was just wanting to hear feedback on the different sites.

Now...out to the range!

Thanks again,

Arab Season (OPEN) [:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top