Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2003 3:28:26 PM EDT
I am going to be getting a 3rd generation NV scope and wanted your opinion on the best rifle to mount it on and why. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont know much about gen 3 NV, so i dont know if a flash supressor is required/helpfull. in that case you would pretty much have to go with the PSS.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:38:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i dont know much about gen 3 NV, so i dont know if a flash supressor is required/helpfull. in that case you would pretty much have to go with the PSS.

This is my exact thoughts.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is my exact thoughts.

A flash suppressor isn't needed with a GenIII optic. Any of those rifles would make good platforms for the scope, but it really depends on how you intend to use the rifle. If it's just gonna be for a plinker, then the SA would be great (as long as you put a Smith mount on the receiver). If you're going to be doing some hunting with it though, then either the Remington or AR10 would be preferable.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Since most NV I have seen are 3X or maybe 4X, why not put it on an AR15 type 5.56 rifle.  The .308 can reach further than you can really see and the 5.56 will too, but not as much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top