Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/24/2001 8:06:57 PM EDT
I have a chance to get some custom paint work done on my M15A2 stock. The artist is concerned about the composition of the plastic stock. Does anyone know of a particular paint that is compatible with the stock,that sticks and wears well? Does anyone have a broken/f*ckedup stock that he can use for paint testing.He is doing me a favor because I helped his girlfriend out but If this goes well, he might be doing some others (maybe yours)
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:20:38 PM EDT
Brownells Aluma-Hyde II might be a good choice. It is made in various colors such as OD green, brown, black, etc. The finish looks good, but I can't really speak as to its durability yet.

www.brownells.com

Brownells has been a good company to do business with so far.

Good luck, Mike
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:27:33 AM EDT
I second the vote for Alumahyde II. If he is really and artist and wants to use his own air brush, you might be out of luck as I think it is available in spray cans. I did up some ratty A1 furniture in OD about a year ago and it still looks great. BTW, the OD is a little lighter than the cap indicates.

As far as durability goes, no worries. The stock is impervious to cleaning solvents, oil, etc, so a little paint shouldn't hurt it.
Top Top