Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 5:46:40 PM EST
I have been using a 4x Gen 2+ from ATN with decent results, but I really want to run a regular scope for day use and have an NV for nighttime. I am looking for something that will work with a good scope at 6-8x magnification. The PVS-22 from TNVC looks promising, but are there any more cost effective alternatives? Has anyone tried that Pulsar clip-on unit? Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:18:44 PM EST
I have been looking at some of armasights offerings..one that has caught my attention is the co-mr and the co-x.
The hide has some more info on armasight clip on's.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:12:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/10/2013 7:15:38 PM EST by JohnnyC]
"Best" when it comes to clip-ons is a hard nut to crack.

For a long range magnum, the PVS-27 is the bomb diggity.

For midrange the PVS-22 or CNVD-LR are nice, as is the KAC offering, although more expensive.

For shorter range fixed or low mag variable, the PVS-24 is the shit.

I'd like to mention the TNVC WASP but they haven't released it yet. It promises to be an excellent optic, but it's been quite delayed.

I'd like to pick up a KAC UNS-SR but everyone is sure damn proud of them for being a discontinued short-range optic. If they were half the price they'd be a good value.

"Cost effective" and "clip-on" don't necessarily go well together. You generally get what you pay for in terms of usable range and light gathering ability.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:54:04 PM EST
The PVS-27 is too heavy (+3lbs!!!) and big for most applications. It's a great performing clip on but I'd have to say CNVD-LR would be my top choice. I haven't owned one personally but have used it.

As far as the WASP goes....well it doesn't exist as far as we're concerned.

I'd definitely like to check one out when they get released though.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:03:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 4:04:15 AM EST by Bennybone]
Originally Posted By bamf_shadow:
I have been using a 4x Gen 2+ from ATN with decent results, but I really want to run a regular scope for day use and have an NV for nighttime. I am looking for something that will work with a good scope at 6-8x magnification. The PVS-22 from TNVC looks promising, but are there any more cost effective alternatives? Has anyone tried that Pulsar clip-on unit? Thanks for the help!
View Quote

Yes I have tried the Pulsar clip on unit, if you haven't already seen it here is a video review of my experience with the MK1 version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Q-3I10PGM

The MK2 (final retail) version has just become available this month in the US, cost is close to 2k (MSRP).

The MK2 version has many improvements to assist with shooting at distance via user input commands for range, also the menu is centered on the screen so that you can view it at higher magnifications.

I don't have any time on the MK2 version and my limited time with the MK1 isn't adequate with regards to me giving you any kind of recommendation for the Pulsar clip on.

Hope the information helps with illustrating what the image looks like.

BB
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:09:03 AM EST
I've been using an ATN PS-22-CGT in front of a 2X7 riflescope for a few months now and its OK. Anything less than about 75% moonlight and I need to use an illuminator to be effective. Anything over about 3X mag and the image gets really distorted. If you go this route(clamped to a riflescope) be sure to really tighten the mounting clamp. First time out mine shook loose from recoil after the 3rd shot. Shooting a browning auto loader in .243 win
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:20:59 PM EST
Pony up fpr the AN/ PVS-22, with a quality scope, USO SN-3 (1.8-10X37 and 3.2-17X44 in my case as well as 3.5 , 4X, and 5.5X ACOGs), absolutely no regrets.
Top Top