Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2003 11:36:30 PM EDT
OK, I've been cruising websites, and several boards here @ ARFCOM, looking for a good gun finish for salt water/maritime environments.  So far, the concensus is Robar.  I've been issued Robar finished weapons in the past.  I have no complaints, I'm just wondering what else is out there.  

Anyone used anything else that's really impressed them?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard that the Man-O-War finish done by Iron Brigade Armory is really good. Here is the link... www.ironbrigadearmory.com/manowar.htm. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#2]
You might also try the Jeff Hicks at HD Rifles. His finish is as tough as nails, and he's a ton cheaper than either Chandler or Robar.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#3]
my vote goes to www.apwcogan.com  I'll be getting their brushed hard chrome on my Kimber just as soon as it gets broken in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
You didn't say if this is a weapon that you've already purchased?
Is stainless an option

If it's something you already own any of the finishes already mentioned are great, but my first choice would be nickle or chrome for saltwater .  
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out

www.kgcoatings.com

for specs on Gun Kote. Then check out my site to see pics of firearms coated with Gun Kote. I've been using/applying it for 10 years and it's the best all around finish I've found.

www.thearmsroom.com

Thanks,
Lee
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:25:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I like Birdsong Teflon. Available in either black or olive drab.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like Birdsong Teflon. Available in either black or olive drab.

Yep, THE best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top