Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2002 6:11:24 AM EDT
This is a 45ACP Oly arms upper with no front sight. I'm planning on putting a EOTech on it but I also want iron sights. I know that an ARMS#40 will be on the rear but I need options for the front. I'd prefer the flip up type.
This is my problem: The bbl is a 11.5 w/5.5 perm. attached FH. This upper is going on a post ban lower so I'll be "sleeving" the FH to make it inop. I'm not much of an AR engineer so all suggestions are welcome. I've been told that the FH needs to be removed to install a front sight and since its perm. attached, this presents a problem. If anyone has a front flip up sight that they want to part with cheap I'm all ears.
Sorry about the size of the pics.

Edited to add: Should I expect any alignment issues with the ARMS#40 BUIS and a flip up type by another manufacturer?

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
C'mon guys, what setup should I use or can it be done at all?
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Since you can't remove the muzzle break, I don't see how you could get a rail on or a GG&G integral flip up site. So, as far as back up iron sights, I think you are SOL.

You might try posting this on the BIY board.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Since you can't remove the muzzle break, I don't see how you could get a rail on or a GG&G integral flip up site. So, as far as back up iron sights, I think you are SOL.

You might try posting this on the BIY board.

Build it yourself board? Please point me in the right direction. I can't find it listed anywhere. Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#5]
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=4

Build it Yourself Forum

Or click the AR15 link uptop and it should be your 3rd forum from the top.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top