Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2016 5:31:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
This doesn't really solve your elbow problem, but I like the Black Diamond Telekneesis knee pads from REI - $49.95.  https://www.rei.com/product/720306/black-diamond-telekneesis-kneepads  

They're comfy and designed to move with you, and they protect the lower thigh above the knee as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been using Hatch Centurions for several years now. More at work than tactical use, but they've been pretty good. That said, they're the only ones of that type that I have much experience with, so they may not be as good as I think they are.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Interesting, although a hard-shell variety.  Like a lot of REI stuff good for its' intended purpose.

The one that's always touted looks from the front like a figure "8", with one part of the "8" being larger than the other.  It's from one of the top-level mfrs as I recall, but I can't remember the name, dammit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This doesn't really solve your elbow problem, but I like the Black Diamond Telekneesis knee pads from REI - $49.95.  https://www.rei.com/product/720306/black-diamond-telekneesis-kneepads  

They're comfy and designed to move with you, and they protect the lower thigh above the knee as well.

Interesting, although a hard-shell variety.  Like a lot of REI stuff good for its' intended purpose.

The one that's always touted looks from the front like a figure "8", with one part of the "8" being larger than the other.  It's from one of the top-level mfrs as I recall, but I can't remember the name, dammit.

ARF, sounds like you're thinking about the Arcteryx pads?  They pop up on eBay pretty often.  Honestly the Black Diamond Telekinesis pads are pretty sweet though.

Me?  I spent waaay too much time skateboarding on vert back in the day to ever want to wear hard shell knee pads again.  Nowadays I use whatever slip in foam or Crye pads fit in the pants of the day.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
IME the Crye or whatever brand(s) that fit into holes in the pants are the only kind that actually stay put all the time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:23:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ARF, sounds like you're thinking about the Arcteryx pads?  They pop up on eBay pretty often.  Honestly the Black Diamond Telekinesis pads are pretty sweet though.

Me?  I spent waaay too much time skateboarding on vert back in the day to ever want to wear hard shell knee pads again.  Nowadays I use whatever slip in foam or Crye pads fit in the pants of the day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could buy Arcteryx just to look like a Ranger or you can use the Black Diamond at half the price and get the same thing. the Black Diamond kneepads are surprisingly durable.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I love my Arcteryx knee caps.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too but they do t stay tight. I even put a tri glide on the excess strap and they still work themselves loose.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
IME the Crye or whatever brand(s) that fit into holes in the pants are the only kind that actually stay put all the time.
View Quote

They ain't perfect but they are better than nothing.

RAF have you liked into volleyball or other soft pads before?  They don't have the hard plastic on them so they aren't as great in rocky stuff, but for general padding they aren't horrible. You put them on under your pants/shirt.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah, ARC are the ones I was trying to recall.  FWIW, one of the reviewers of the Black Diamond pads gave very high marks to another mfr:http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Asporting%2Ck%3Amcdavid+hex+pads&keywords=mcdavid+hex+pads&ie=UTF8&qid=1460746894   I'll take a look at them all.  Thanks, all!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, ARC are the ones I was trying to recall.  FWIW, one of the reviewers of the Black Diamond pads gave very high marks to another mfr:http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Asporting%2Ck%3Amcdavid+hex+pads&keywords=mcdavid+hex+pads&ie=UTF8&qid=1460746894   I'll take a look at them all.  Thanks, all!

Haha. My last post auto corrected RAF as ARF.  I must be posting too much in GD.

Anyways those pads look interesting.  Maybe hot but what pads aren't.  Let us know how they work out.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Arcteryx. They stay put and I forget I'm wearing them.

I did end up losing one (hoping it's just misplaced) after a training rotation. About to leave on another training rotation with the Hatch/Safariland kneepads and they aren't quite the same.

I do have a pair of the Hatch/Safariland elbow pads, but I've never worn them for more than five minutes total. No.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:04:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Another vote for Arcteryx Knee Caps. I have two pair and I love them. They are the only pads I have ever used that I can run and move in comfortably without restriction or losing the pad. I was skeptical for how well they would hold up but they are two years and going strong.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Same
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top