Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 1:06:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Boyds makes some nice stocks... and are reasonable.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Wenig www.wenig.com/ Best aftermarket Garand stock out there.

Rich
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
DGR Guns!!!

DGR Guns!!!

DGR Guns!!!

DGR uses Wenigs stocks but he fits the stocks to a garand(stock fit is crucial to accuracy and function on an M1), works them to a USGI profile then sends them to you finished or not.
I replaced both sets on my Garands. One I bought fitted and finished the other I finished myself with Deft Danish oil and some Chestnut Ridge military stock stain..  The Boyd's are usually fat and do not follow USGI contour as well as the ones from DGR.

www.dgrguns.com
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends what he wants,

The Wenigs stocks are very nice and with the DGR option, the same outer profile as the military stocks.

On the other hand, if he wants a stock with a bigger profile, then the boyds will fit the bill.

For myself, I'm a lam stock freak, and like the bigger profile and weight of the Boyd over sized stocks, so the my last NM build was done using a NL lam Boyd stock (read complete set minus steel was like $108 with shipping).

As for price, standard finished Boyd walnut stocks sets can be had for under $80, where as the Wenig tend to start at twice the price and go up from there.

P.S, depending if the old stocks are just dinged and not big gouges of wood missing, the dishwasher trick works well to raise the dented area's and clean out most of grim from the wood.  From there is a rites stain job, then tungen oil to bring them back to life.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top