Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2002 7:13:11 PM EDT
What is best or most active Glock forum on the net?

Thanks HW
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.glocktalk.com

I would agree about it being the busiest and probably the most information, but if you think this site is filled with dumbasses you should hang around there awhile.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.glocktalk.com

I would agree about it being the busiest and probably the most information, but if you think this site is filled with dumbasses you should hang around there awhile.

Agreed...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. I'll wade through it. HW
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Join glockTalk and start off by posting a thread in the Religious Forum: "God is Dead"...

Should be interesting.....

Just kidding. When I get fired up by a thread with "stupid" (to me) posts, I do one of two things. Just ignore it. Otherwise, jump in before the lock. Just NEVER use that phrase over there....

To Eric: (Just a joke)

Scott

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]
They are pretty stict there. A whole lot more strict than here, Thats why I think they attract the assholes.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah. The strictness is in things like having bad words auto-censored. (I had a great quote from "Space: Above and Beyond" in my sigline once. It got censored.)

Scott

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#8]
How about handguns.ar15.com

A lot of Handgun info and minimal B.S.

Check out the Links in the Glock fourm!!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Join glockTalk and start off by posting a thread in the Religious Forum: "God is Dead"...

Should be interesting.....

Just kidding. When I get fired up by a thread with "stupid" (to me) posts, I do one of two things. Just ignore it. Otherwise, jump in before the lock. Just NEVER use that phrase over there....

To Eric: (Just a joke)

Scott

LMAO!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Seriously, though. Eric posted in a thread about people stop using that phrase when they are posting just to up their count....

("In brfore the lock...")

Scott

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll bite.

What does "In before the lock..." mean?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Basically, "In before the lock" posts are made in a thread that is an obvious violation of the GlockTalk conduct code. People pipe in with "In before the lock" just to up their post count before Eric or one of the Mods can lock the thread.....

Scott

P.S. I'll look for the post by Eric....

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#13]
First click I did when I searched for "Eric" under the username thingie:

www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80794&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

Folks, I know none of you mean any harm, but I am not crazy about this 'In Before The Lock' trend that is going around. Having to lock threads isn't entertainment. It is a waste of time I can ill afford to waste, generally caused by someone ignoring the posting rules here. Please don't make sport of me trying to keep this place running smoothly. Sensationalizing the behavior of someone that is breaking the posting rules serves only to encourage such behavior in the future and it makes more work for me. I think it also makes me look like the heavy, for having to close the threads, and that bugs me a little. This isn't study hall and I am not the teacher with the thick classes and funny smell. Well, maybe the funny smell part fits, but... Anyway, I am not the bad guy here. I am only trying to bring the best possible site to all of you. Please don't make my efforts more difficult. Thanks...Eric

Seems he has a valid point. (I would hate to have to police a forum. Then again, might be easier to find bad threads by doing a search for "In before the lock".....)

Scott

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, GlockTalk is an excellent forum for all things Glock as well as all things guns in general.  However, it is more or less only useful for handgun info.  There are a couple forums like the High Power club that talks about rifles so keep it here for AR talk.  Other than that, it is a pretty good site for all things handguns, but there are some dumb people on there too.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I really likr GLOCKTalk.  Very LEO oriented.  Lots of great info on GLOCKs.  There is not much other than handgun info and junk, though.  I far prefer the General section here to the General section there.  An interesting note, when anyone posts a question about AR's, within a few posts somebody suggests this sight.  Just like the rest of the WWW, you have to sort the wheat from the chaff.  There are idiots on every board.  What did Groucho Marx say?  I would never join a club that would have me as a member!    
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:56:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
How about handguns.ar15.com

A lot of Handgun info and minimal B.S.

Check out the Links in the Glock fourm!!!

But why do you think it's so DEAD over there?  I want to like it, I really, really do...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top