Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 11:32:22 AM EDT
 I already have an OWB, IWB, and pocket holster for this gun, but still need a good ankle rig.  Hopefully someone has a favorite to recommend...

PS- Please, no "ankle carry is bad" advice, I already know that!  It is only for rare situations when I can't carry by any other method.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I just started using a Fobus ankle holster for my G27 as a back up gun.  It's very secure and does not use a thumb break.  The only negative I can say about it is that has an open end.

I was carrying a S&W 342PD in a Fobus ankle holster as my back up.  After I noticed that dirt and drops of mud would get in the barrel if I walked in mud or wet grass I decided to switch to the G27 since I know it will handle the elements better than the S&W.

I tried an Uncle Mike's and a Galco for the G27 but neither one felt very stable.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Conventional wisdom is that Allessi (sp?) is the best ankle rig for GLOCKs.  I bought one and returned it.  Not because it wasn't a quality rig, but because I only shelled out the bucks after nothing else worked, and this confirmed that ankle holsters just aren't for me.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 3:30:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Have used the Allessi for about 2 years now with a G26. Here's my 2c...perfectly comfortable w. mid-height(6")duty boots, and much less so with any dress shoes. Well made although they should improve the attachment of the rectangular steel "ring" the velcro strap feeds through...it sometime tends to de-align and allows the strap to shift to one corner. Holster has not loosened up at all; a good thing. That's definitely MY 2c and I would buy another.           Stay safe
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I own both the Galco cop ankle band and the Fobus ankle holster.

I prefer the Fobus.  I can wear it with high top shoes so it sits a little higher up the ankle.  The Galco is designed for skinny legs, i only use it when i'm wearing dress shoes.

Also I can run with the fobus without worrying about it.  I even ran the bases at a softball game during a family picnic. no prob.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top