Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 4:11:45 AM EDT
what would be the best pre-ban ar-15 lower receiver? for overall reliability and robustness? I don't care about collector's value. I'm looking for an ar-15 lower to buy later on this year but right now im researching to see which ones are the most reliable. I've heard good things about bushmaster.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:01:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster is excellent. I believe there are numerous threads on this topic if you want to search for them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
hmmmmm ok.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
He can't search guys he's just a regular member. I'll search for you and post a couple links for ya
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
i prefer Century lowers (stop laughing) they are indistinguisable in quality from RRA, which makes sense because they too are made by Continental Machine. plus i can get them at GA gunshows for around $90
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:11:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i prefer Century lowers (stop laughing) they are indistinguisable in quality from RRA, which makes sense because they too are made by Continental Machine. plus i can get them at GA gunshows for around $90

PREBAN, as the thread asks, for $90?

I'll take 3
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
In preban, only Colt, and some Bushies (if you can find one that ain't purple ). Not that there weren't some other good ones made. It's just that the other guys out there at the time were extrmely variable in quality; one batch might be fine, and the next batch junk. Even some of the earliest Bushmasers weren't that great.

Of course, I haven't seen every preban that was ever made, but the above is based on observations of the ones that have passed my view
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:18:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That expains why they have the high shelf under the rear lug area. I asked the vendor whether they were related to RR, and he told me they were put out by DPMS. Don't figure he was BSing. No point in it. Just misinformed I guess
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#9]
If you can find an Essential Arms lower in the $600 or under range, buy it!  Best investment casting i've ever seen, the original M16 gray finish, all were produced before the ban... of course Essential Arms never made rifles.  Than again, since they weren't sold as rifles you might have a hard time proving it was a rifle before the ban.  Both of mine have letters from the original owners saying they were so configured.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Anywhere online selling them for that price?

Anywhere in AZ or NM selling them for that price?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought three Century marked recievers from this guy for $225.
Wm. Murray
E-mail Address(es):
 [email protected]

They were identical to my RRA reciever. Top quality. Serial #'s were marked CMxxxxx same as my Rock River gun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw one of the Century lowers as well, I was MORE than impressed... of course the jack off dealer wanted $150 for it!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#13]
sorry guys, i missed the part about pre-bans. it was late and i was bleary eyed.

yes i think if you try a Century lower you will be pleasantly suprised. its marked C15 Sporter which is interesting because the century rifles use DPMS cast recievers to save money. absolutely top quality lower. dont pay over $110 for them. $90 is more of a good price. it will go together without a hitch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top