Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 9/19/2009 2:29:12 PM EST
Who's using them, and what loads are you using? Performance?

Anyone using TAC with these? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:21:55 PM EST
You got some work to do! You need to set up the seating depth to suit YOUR CHAMBER! These are not LTB bullets but a VLD design meaning that they are going to be a single shot round for an AR. Get a Precision MIC or Hornady OAL gauge to set the seating depth of the bullet to be off the lands a tad.....Leg work is a head of you! Prudent reloaders know all that!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:00:09 PM EST
Thanks,
I have not purchased them yet, figured I'd ask first not being familiar with them. Not new to reloading, just new to this realm/area of .223 - heavy bullets.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:27:08 PM EST
Originally Posted By rn22723:
You got some work to do! You need to set up the seating depth to suit YOUR CHAMBER! These are not LTB bullets but a VLD design meaning that they are going to be a single shot round for an AR. Get a Precision MIC or Hornady OAL gauge to set the seating depth of the bullet to be off the lands a tad.....Leg work is a head of you! Prudent reloaders know all that!

+1 It'll be a new animal now. And It will need more attention. PIA in a bolt gun and can be worth it. An AR.. well I've about given up.

Top Top