Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 4:31:04 PM EDT
I have the storm carbine in 9mm and was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with the mag release.  It seems that the metal spring on the mag release has worn through the plastic that it sits in on the safety, which will allow it to pop out after about 2 flicks of the mag release.  The spring will then pop up and disengage from the mag release, making it useless.  

Anyone else have premature plastic part failure on their Storms?  Do you know if any metal replacement parts are being made?  How about any replacement parts?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
How mny mags have you swapped in and out of it? Just get a replacement one from beretta, probably rather cheap to boot.

I know someone with a CX4 with at least 2000rounds through it, all sorts of mags and never any issues with the mag release.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
NEver seen one wear out, but on the beretta forums there is a post about altering the mag release spring by bending the end of the non-straight end a bit to prevent the mag from dropping free. this was a issue with the earlier storms.

As for the mag release, yes ther are replacements.They are $21 here

I have well over 1500 rounds thru my storm and have not had 1 issue. I will probally get banned saying this, but I like it more than my AR. Sorry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top