Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2005 11:45:55 AM EDT
Does anyone, or has anyone ever produced a civilian (ie, long barrel, etc) version of the Beretta model 12 sub gun? I have a friend that likes the gun (he's Italian) and would like to get one if there is anything out there. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've not seen one but I'm certainly no expert on the European copy stuff..............

I would doubt there's too many out there if it's a model I'm thinking of.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:08:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry gunnut284, I've never seen one before
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope, no such animal as a M12 in semi.  Neat SMG though.  A couple problems to overcome with the M12 if you were to buy a parts kit and try to make a semi from it.  First, its an open bolt SMG - you'd have to figure a way to make it frie from a closed bolt.  Second, you'd need to get a 16" barrel or fake supressor on the end to bring it to 16" length.  Third, mags are not cheap (at least the last time I looked).  Finally, as a semi-auto rifle built from imported parts, it would have to comply with 922(r), and thus need some US made parts (which may actually be satisfied by the trigger & bolt changes necessary to make it semi/closed bolt).
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It would be easier to make it fire from a closed bolt and register it as an SBR.  Then 922r and the 16" barrel length will not apply.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I figured it was a long shot. He just was asking me what the sub guns he always saw the police with at the Italian airports and we figured out that's what they were. It's not worth trying to make one, just didn't know if there was one already made. Thank anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top