Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2004 3:47:15 PM EDT
New storm, looks great, feels great, couple of problems:
1.  The trigger sucks!  To all the giants among us, How Do I improve the trigger on my CX-4 Storm?
2.   30 round after-market Beretta 92 mags wont stay in the grip.  15 round after market mags work fine, but the 30 round mags seem to have so much play/movement in the grip that they come out with a light tug. How can I improve the mag catch on the Storm so that it holds the 30 rounders secure? (Note that the 30 round after market mags do work fine in the Beretta 92 pistol.)
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget to take advantage of the free Beretta hi-cap magazine promotion.
Link Posted: 7/18/2004 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/18/2004 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Beretta is offering two free hi-caps with purchase of CX-4 and 92/96 pistols, if the AWB sunsets.  Pretty good deal.

www.berettausa.com/product/promotions/92_96_cx4_promo/92_96_cx4_promo.htm
Link Posted: 7/20/2004 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Seen a Storm in a gunstore today. The price tag on it said $649. I believe they went up a tad from when they first came out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2004 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#5]
No trigger info yet?
Link Posted: 7/20/2004 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
They were $529 NIB at the gun show a couple of weeks ago here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2004 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll stick to my Marlin 45.....
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They were $529 NIB at the gun show a couple of weeks ago here.

That's about $25.00 above distributor's selling price. Good price!
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I finally got a chance to shoot the one I bought a few weeks ago . It's a sweet little carbine .
I got a package deal of the Storm and a 92FS .  I don’t have any 30 rounders to test the retention issue , but the 15s worked well . As for the trigger , it's awfully long for a single stage but not gritty
nor does have allot of creep . I was looking at the fire control group and don’t see any easy way of shortening it . Perhaps in a few months when the new has worn off I'll mess with it . Other then the long pull I think its well built for a plastic plinker  

As a side note , at 29" it would make a nice little truck gun, Add the super quick tool less breakdown and 18" store length combined with the 6 Lb loaded weight should make it a equally good backpack/trail weapon too .
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Hello,
I think I can help with your Cx4 Storm Trigger.
The company Tactical Excellence has a special this month on Storm trigger jobs.

www.tacticalexcellence.com/

$65 return shipping included.  
Go to the link above and click the Gunsmith work button at the top of the page.

From the factory the Storm has a 10 pound trigger.  After the trigger job it's about 5.5 pounds.

As far as the aftermarket mags falling out.  The aftermarket 30 round mags are a little thinner then a factory mag.  I have gotten several to work by slightly bending the metal just above the mag catch slot out.  Be sure you don't bend out too much or the mag will be tight in the mag well.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 3:51:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hello,
I think I can help with your Cx4 Storm Trigger.
The company Tactical Excellence has a special this month on Storm trigger jobs.

www.tacticalexcellence.com/

$65 return shipping included.  
Go to the link above and click the Gunsmith work button at the top of the page.

From the factory the Storm has a 10 pound trigger.  After the trigger job it's about 5.5 pounds.

As far as the aftermarket mags falling out.  The aftermarket 30 round mags are a little thinner then a factory mag.  I have gotten several to work by slightly bending the metal just above the mag catch slot out.  Be sure you don't bend out too much or the mag will be tight in the mag well.
Hope this helps.

Excellent point - thanks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#12]
This post was getting old but, I was wondering what the chances are that Beretta will come out with a storm with a collasable stock and a flash supressor. I don't know why but I want one of these. Of course i would be ticked if I bought one and then they came out with a non politically correct one if the ban sunsets. Anybody got an inside scoop on Beretta.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:46:53 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:02:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I strongly advise the casual user to not attempt to modify the firing group on the CX4, especially the hammer.  The hammer in a CX4 is made of polymer and is released by being moved forward off of a shelf in the frame.  

This article has some good CS4 info:

9mm Carbine tests
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:57:51 AM EDT
[#15]
How difficult would it be to talk CAV arms into making a rear-end for the storm?  If they won't do it, could a "start up" company actually pull it off?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Would be pretty neat with a side folding stock, but seeing as how the stock and body of the weapon are all one molded plastic peice, you'd have to replace the whole thing.   I think it could work, tho.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top