Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 5:18:37 PM EDT
Which do you prefer? How are the Berettas anyway? Don't know much about autoloading shotguns.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The Beretta is a finely made shotgun which will kick the absolute dog shit out of you in short order.  

If you are only looking at the Beretta or the 11/87, go with the 11/87.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I know the inertia system has more recoil, but it's that bad, huh?
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Beretta 1201FP (discontinued) is basically their version of the Benelli M1 Super...it is not the usual Beretta gas operated shotgun but the Benelli recoi operated shotgun...fastest semi-auto out there (INHO) but it does kick more...Benelli used to run an add where all the rounds were fed and shot before the 1st husk hit the pavement...sounds nice to me.
I sent several e-mails to a place on the web still advertising these Beretta 1201FPs a great deal less than a Benelli but they never answered...
Bill
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#6]
The 1201FP is a variation on the older Benelli M121, which for whatever reason, kicks much harder than the M1 Super 90.

I've owned the M1 Super 90, and it is the fastest out there, and extremely reliable, but it does kick more than a gas operated shotgun like the 11/87.

The 1201FP just plain kicks the shit out of me and it's not a "fun" gun to shoot at all.

I'm 6'2" and about 275 BTW, so I'm not recoil sensitive....
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Templar...you just saved me a bunch of money (do you work for Geico???)
If I want recoil operated...M1 Super 90 is the one!
Bill
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Hah, nope, but I have been selling guns for 16 years and I know what works and what doesn't, usually, and why.

I'm interested in seeing the new Winchester Super X2 Tactical and the new FN semi auto based on the Winchester in action.  These are gas operated guns that are rumored to be just as fast as the Benelli and more reliable with light loads.

The jury is still out, but I would buy another M1 Super 90 Tactical with standard stock and ghost rings in a second.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#9]
The beretta will knock your fillings out with rifled slugs, a benneli super 90 is much more comfortable on the shoulder. I would rather have a mossberg 590 9 shot pump shotgun then the beretta plus it has 4 more rounds. With some practice you can take 50 yard head shots with the ghost ring sights(m590)with rifled slugs. I have had good luck with remmington 1oz sluggers. Hope this will save you some pain and wasted cash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top