Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everyone loves a happy ending.
View Quote

It would sure be nice if Beretta still supported the thing though.

On a side note, a bunch of parts finally came back in stock at Brownells a couple of days ago, but most are already gone... It's like they go and send Brownells 1 each of about 10 items and repeat every 12 months. I finally got my hexagonal inserts, though I'm on backorder for a few things again because I took a chance and put 2 of each of those items in the cart. Never put more than 1!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, finally have a lower headed my way.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:46:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Everyone loves a happy ending.
View Quote

Indeed! Thanks @bigbore for all of the advice and offer to help. ADCO is an asset to the arfcom community
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
On a different note, I have an arx 100 and the barrel rotates ever so slightly left to right when its locked into place. MAYBE 1 degree of rotation. Anyone have any insight into whether this is normal? I've emailed Beretta but nor response yet.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
On a different note, I have an arx 100 and the barrel rotates ever so slightly left to right when its locked into place. MAYBE 1 degree of rotation. Anyone have any insight into whether this is normal? I've emailed Beretta but nor response yet.
View Quote

Both of mine have a little rotational and back-and-forth jiggle when locked in place. One of the reasons these aren't the most accurate things in the world. If you want to rule out what happened to me, just grip your extension and barrel and rotate them back and forth in opposite directions.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:16:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Both of mine have a little rotational and back-and-forth jiggle when locked in place. One of the reasons these aren't the most accurate things in the world. If you want to rule out what happened to me, just grip your extension and barrel and rotate them back and forth in opposite directions.
View Quote

Yep, a bit of rotational and back and forth play is normal.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I may need to put up the ADCO bat signal...  similar issue on an ARX 100 I just bought on the EE.  I've had ADCO do some work for me on some AR barrels before and with my XM177E2 project and they are top-notch.

My ARX barrel issue:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/-/2-523871/?page=1#i5497073
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I may need to put up the ADCO bat signal...  similar issue on an ARX 100 I just bought on the EE.  I've had ADCO do some work for me on some AR barrels before and with my XM177E2 project and they are top-notch.

My ARX barrel issue:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/-/2-523871/?page=1#i5497073
View Quote

OP here. That does not look good at all. Mine wasn't as canted as that, and didn't look like that even if the barrel and extension were twisted in complete opposite directions (with the tab in place). I'm wondering if your alignment tab sheared, or if someone mucked with it prior and it is completely missing. I wrapped the extension in some leather and secured the extension flats snugly in a vise, then the barrel nut just twisted right off. No marring or anything. If the tab or groove where it locks into is FUBAR'd then it wouldn't be much help sending it off. Might want to do some exploratory research.

If everything looks good, you can just torque it back down like how I described in my previous post. The ARX has been running like a champ. Zero issues.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top