Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/25/2013 8:44:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2013 8:50:25 PM EST by ICEAGE]
So I picked up a nitro piston trail recently and was reasonably pleased with its accuracy at 12 yards (zero'd there). Moving out ot 25 yards I have about a 5-6" drop. and I can see my pellet (Benji 14.3gr domed hollow point) in flight through the scope. Group spreads to about 5" as well at this range. I've read groups improve after 500 pellets are through the gun, but my main issue is the lack of power.

After a bit of reading I've found most manufacterers vastly inflate the FPS a pellet gun gets. This one is supposedly 950fps with alloy pellets and something like 800fps with lead. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but seeing a .22 pellet in flight at 20-25ish yards and beyond sounds like its a lot weaker then 800fps. Heck, I'd guess its in the low 600s. (No chrony)

Apparantly there is an "XL" Model for $80 more thats about 5" longer and 2lb heaiver. Anyone have any idea of a fix for my gun or should I return it and just pony up $80 more for the bigger, heaver, more powerful gun. (at 48" OAL and 8+lbs thats a beast).
Top Top