Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 3:25:38 PM EDT
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but the search I did found no results. I have an HK marked benelli m3 super 90 with 7+1 from the factory. I purchased it for about 1100. Now, at the same place I found it, they had a collapsable buttstock version for about 200 more. How rare are these collapsable versions? Also, since mine's an older pre-ban HK marked variant, would I be able to put a collabsable buttstock on this one? Thats assuming I can find one, which is really a moot point.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The collapsible vesion is fairly rare, going to about $1700-$2000 when sold.  This M3 version has a different recoil system and is not immediately compatible with the standard M3.  I've never seen a stock sold as an accessory for this reason.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Right, that's the difference between the two.  The M3 folding stock version has the recoil spring wrapped around the magazine tube instead of in the buttstock.  The folding stock makes the normal M1/M3 recoil spring assembly incompatible.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:02:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, my M3 has the spring wrapped around the mag tube.......I thought all m3's were this way?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#7]
First it is not a collapsible stock, it is a folding stock.

Second I have seen the stock sold separately, but I'm not sure about the legality of retrofitting an M3 to the folding stock version, even an original preban, 7 mag, pistol griped version.  I'd think now that the AWB is over it would be okay to reconfigure a preban w/o running into 944(r).

But hell everyone seems to be  taking M4's and converting them to long mag, pistol grips, with functional collapsing stocks. I had one on order at Impact was one of the first, but cancelled my order when I realized it probably was not legal.

I bought a preban M3, and aside from the stock being way too long it is great. Super bad ass actually. I think I prefer it to an M4. ONE of my winter projects is to cut an inch or two off the back of the stock, fill in some fiberglass bondo and then put a new recoil pad on it. Wish me luck....

As stated all M3s have the recoil spring around the mag tube. (Don't ask me how to change it cuz I aint figured that out yet)

I'd verify it was preban and try to figure out the configuration. $1,300 seems like a good price depending on the condition and whether you think you'd find the folding stock useful.

I really want to try a Mossberg 590A1 with ghost rings and a Knoxx Spec ops stock. That looks cool.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually, I think it would be kind of interesting, legality aside, if knoxx would make a version of their recoil reducing stock for the m3super 90. Although, I wonder if it would work, due to the design of the firearm.  Do you think it would impede recoil to the point that it would cause the benelli to cease to function?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this what you are all talking about?

I just picked one up LNIB for less than $600. I love working at a gunstore.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Where's the picture?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Sheesh,  I'll buy it from you for $700.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#13]

kc8ard
Post Number :: 116

OH, USA

User Info     IM User     Email User     Reply     Quote  
Actually, I think it would be kind of interesting, legality aside, if knoxx would make a version of their recoil reducing stock for the m3super 90. Although, I wonder if it would work, due to the design of the firearm. Do you think it would impede recoil to the point that it would cause the benelli to cease to function?

Yes it would be cool, but like you imply, I don't think it would run. The recoil system is finicky. My M3 is just starting to get broken in enough to run some lighter loads. I generally have to run 1 1/4 oz bird shot 1 3/4 Max Dram loads in order to get it to work in semi.

I've seen 1187's that wouldn't run on lighter loads too. I had to sell a guy a box of shells at a 3 gun match because his 1187 wouldn't run on 1 oz shot, max dram shells.

So it goes both ways.

Oh and as to the poster about buying a top folder for $600....   ULukysunofabitch Enjoy it Those were $2,300 easy just a few years ago during the ban and other than some ppl maybe wanting an M4 more now there is NO REASON for preban Benelli's to have decreased in value. The long mags and pistol grips ppl are doing to current guns now is probably illegal.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:03:15 AM EDT
[#14]
The M3 Super 90 came in four configurations -
M3 Super 90 Hunting stock - standard stock, long  ribbed barrel
M3 Super 90 Pistol Grip - pistol grip, standard length barrel
M3T folding stock - folding stock, standard length barrel
M3 Super 90 combat- pistol grip, standard barrel with windage and elevation adjustment

Physically the pistol grip stock and standard hunting stock may be interchanged with the folding stock, according to the Benelli M3 Super 90 manual. Legality may be another question. I have an M3T, also the hunting stock and long ribbed barrel and they both fit together fine. I haven't shot the gun in the hunting configuration yet but inertia souldn't be an issue because the hunting stock is lighter than the folder.

DDubbb
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top