Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2008 8:40:41 PM EDT
Anybody got one? Whats a good price? Pics are also good
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 10:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Supernova Tactical and Supernova H2O. The Nova is among the best pump action shotguns availible, if not the best.

I don't have pictures, but I can describe my set-up. I have all three Supernova stocks, the Comfortech, PG and collapsible unit. The Tactical sports the factory telescopic stock, factory 1913 rail, factory light mount and a factory or SRM extension. I have a 4 round Side Saddle and TLR2 affixed to this gun. I also use a proprietary single point mount*which I devised* with eiether a Spector, Blueforce Gear or Blackhawk single-point sling. I have a 5.11 single-point, but I haven't used it yet. I also have a Blackhawk SWIFT sling that I occasionally use as well. I sometimes mount a red-dot optic, but less and less these days as i'm not sold on the concept. I have used a Ziess Z-Point, Aimpoint T1, Trijicon RX30 and Doctor optic red dots on this gun.

My Supernova Tactical is pretty much stock and is configured with the factory PG stock and a recently aquired/impossible to find H20 factory extension. Unfortunatly, H2O's aren't availible with ghost rings*atleast not yet* and if they were, it would probably look wierd...In any event, mine is equiped with "rifle type sights".I have been debating the aquisition of a Burris Speed Dot for this gun. It attaches like a single point plate and it looks like an awesome sight. I also have a 4 round Side Saddle on this gun. I have a factory rail/light mount for this gun, but I don't use them much.

IIRC, I paid around 450.00 for my Supernova Tactical with PG and ghost rings. My Supernova H20 was slightly more, being impossible to find, it was around 700.00. Of course, that doesn't include the price of accessories. Factory extensions go for around 200.00+/- NIW, with the occasional deal presenting itself. The factory rails were around 150.00 a piece and the light mounts were around 70.00, IIRC. The telestock was eiether 250.00 or 300.00.

I sold off entire collection of "fighting pumps" to get into Benelli's. I wanted to have both automatics and commonality. In addition to my Supernova's, I have an M2 and M3 Tactical. I miss my cool 870's/590's/M37's/BPS's/1300's, but functionally the Benelli's are superior. Though, I still carry a torch for Winchester 1300's.....

Benelli recently raised the price on the Supernova Tacticals, and I see them range from 480.00 to 550.00 depending on the configuration. Personally, I find the desert camo M4 and Supernova obscene, though I would slow my roll if they had corresponding extensions availible. Nova Tacticals and H20's go for around 350.00-400.00+/- and less if you buy them used. If you don't care to have a PG, save the $$$ and buy a Nova.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:00:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never owned one but I've lusted after them for a while. As near as I can tell the single and only downside to the Nova/Supernova clan of guns is that finding the mag tube extension is difficult as I'm told Benelli no longer makes it, leaving you to aftermarket tubes and springs.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a SuperNova tactical.  It's a great shotgun!  Expect to pay around $400 - $500 for a new one with pistol grip and ghost-ring sights.

www.gunsandammomag.com/long_guns/benelliSN_073106/
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll post pictures of mine in the morning, the lighting is terrible at night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top