Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2002 11:38:54 AM EDT
Does anyone own a Benelli Nova shot gun ? I am thinking of buying one on sale www.wolverinesupplies.com/ click on this months specials. Is $580 a good deal ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what the exchange rate is for U.S. to Canuck dollars and vice-versa. Locally, they're going for $299 plus sales tax (8.375%), or $324.04 out the door.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#2]
$299 us is about $467 can. Using www.xe.net/ucc/ Is the Nova better then a 870 and does someone make a pistol grip stock like buttler creek ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The buttstock and receiver are one unit, molded from polymer. I would think that option out. Better than the 870? Hmmmm. I think so. The 870 was fairly revolutionary compared to the guns it was competing against when it was first introduced (Model 12 Winchester and Model 37 Ithaca) as it made use of stampings and look at where the Model 12 is now (gone) and the Model 37 (good gun, but production is limited and the price is high). The Nova was designed around the 3 1/2 shell from the get-go and has some neat features to boot, like the ability to use a recoil reducer. Some on here will run it down, but I haven't seen many real shotgunners on this board (the guys walking behind a brittany on a quail hunt, or freezing in a duck blind, etc.). Most everyone's opinions on this board of what makes a good shotgun remind me of Boris the Blade in Snatch: "Is heavy, is good." I see the Nova as being around a long time and everyone else wishing that they thought of that idea first.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top