Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 6:05:39 AM EDT
Well I put one of these on layaway yesterday and can't wait to pick it up on Friday. Doesn anyone here own one or have any experience with them? I can't wait to try out the "fire the last round before the first empty hits the ground" test
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one. I got the standard stock. The gun handles really well. It is the lightest auto I have ever picked up. Mine functions great even with reduced recoil Winchester 00. The recoil pad is very forgiving. My only complaint is that the stock does not have a side sling mount like the pistol grip stock on the other tactical guns. I had to buy a sling with one of those adaptors that wraps around the butt. It does have a side mount plate in the front though.

I am trying to find a good way to get a light on it now. I am not sure it the Surefire handgaurd for the M1/M3 will go on the M2.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#2]
The one that I'm getting is the pistol grip stock so that solves the sling problem.

This will be my first Benelli so are there any things not to do with this thing?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
No Benelli owners here?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I got the new M2 with pistol grip just a few back. I'm looking for the +2 mag tube. I hear they quit importing them and owners are SOL. Damn
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the benelli M1, which is almost the same gun, except for the foregrip, I think?

Great shotgun....I love it. You can't go wrong with a benelli!

I picked up the 4 shot mag tube right as they stopped importing it....most people wouldn't sell them to me! Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:56:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an M1 and I love it. Fast Fast Fast. Recoil is light to me. It handles really well. And yes you can put 5 shells out before the first one hits the ground. If you have them, double tap pepper poppers. 2 shots on a popper before it falls. Take extra ammo with you, you'll need it.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi,

I picked up a M2 Tactial Pistol Grip Ghost Ring last week and took it to the range yesterday.

Started with Rem Reduced Recoil 00.  First 3 shells would not eject.  Switched to 3 Hornady Light Magnum 00, same problem. (Started to get a liitle worried here hinking.gif) Switched to 5 S&B 00 12 pellet.  Shot them with no problems.  Looks like it was just new gun break in issues.  After the S&B it fed and fired all the others plus Fed Tactical 00 just fine. h
The is the FASTEST firing shotgun I have ever used. hells
I am Extremely happy with this gun.  

Recoil is very controlable and less than my old Rem 1100 or Win 1300.  

As for the extended magazine tubes...Others are making them now and I have seen them on ebay and on Tom Knapp's site.  I will order a 4 shot extension soon and report back on it.  After that - night sights!!

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hi,

I picked up a M2 Tactial Pistol Grip Ghost Ring last week and took it to the range yesterday.

Started with Rem Reduced Recoil 00.  First 3 shells would not eject.  Switched to 3 Hornady Light Magnum 00, same problem. (Started to get a liitle worried here hinking.gif) Switched to 5 S&B 00 12 pellet.  Shot them with no problems.  Looks like it was just new gun break in issues.  After the S&B it fed and fired all the others plus Fed Tactical 00 just fine. h
The is the FASTEST firing shotgun I have ever used. hells
I am Extremely happy with this gun.  

Recoil is very controlable and less than my old Rem 1100 or Win 1300.  

As for the extended magazine tubes...Others are making them now and I have seen them on ebay and on Tom Knapp's site.  I will order a 4 shot extension soon and report back on it.  After that - night sights!!

Sounds liek a blast,I'm gonna try and go to the range on Wed but I'm not sure just yet. I've got 75 rounds of white elephant target rounds and 25 00 Ranger low recoil,I'll pick up some slugs and Federal Tactical at work tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top