Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 8:02:03 AM EDT
Whats the going rate on both of these guns?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#1]
M1 if your lucky $700 to $1000
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]
so 900$ for an M1 with a surefire foregrip like new condition is a good deal?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
That sounds about right.

My local gun shop has a almost new Benelli M1 with 4 shot extended tube and surefire forearm for $950.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:47:27 AM EDT
[#4]
What about a 95% HK marked benelli m3 with 20", rifle sights, hk91 type stock and factory 7 round mag extension?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought the same gun with ghost rings at a gun show back in December for 900. Guy wanted 975 and wouldn't budge until he saw me across the isle dickering on an M1.
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]
They are saying in one of the other threads that it can't have the high cap magazine and be legal. Mine is supposedly pre ban being an H&K and it has the pistol grip stock also.
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They are saying in one of the other threads that it can't have the high cap magazine and be legal. Mine is supposedly pre ban being an H&K and it has the pistol grip stock also.
JRandyH

Not all H&ks are preban.  The ban was enacted in '89.  H&K imported them well into the 90s.

And you'll find there's a bunch of confusion over this.  Best I can tell, the ATF restricts importing of certain weapons but there aren't laws that prohibit their posession.

From the research I've done, you're only a felon if you imported or assembled it.  If you bought one, even in an illegal configuration, you're not a criminal for posessing it.  There's no law against that.  And it's really not clear where in the law some configurations are banned...it IS clear that the ATF would deny requests by Benelli to import a shotgun with a 5+ shot magazine and a pistol grip.  

Personally, I want to know where I sit with a full cap magazine and a standard stock; no pistol grip.  Best I can tell, that's entirely legal.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.  This is not legal advice.  Consult your doctor if you have itching near your genitals.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
double tap
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Best I can tell it's ok to put the stuff on yourself.
Why else would you be able to buy it from Brownells.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Best I can tell it's ok to put the stuff on yourself.

Your best bet is to buy something that somebody else has already "assembled", since that's the felony.

Why else would you be able to buy it from Brownells.  

I wish it were the easy.  Think of it like the Klinton AWB.  I could have bought an ar-15 receiver and bought a telescoping stock and a flash hider all from legit dealers.  Assembling it was still a crime.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#11]
So technically you are saying this gun would be illegal under the law
JRandyH

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So technically you are saying this gun would be illegal under the law
JRandyH
www.pbase.com/image/57409077.jpg

Nice looking M3!

If it was made after 1989 (All M3s were, yes?), it would be illegal to assemble it but not possess it (assuming that magazine is > 5 shots, which I'm sure it is.)  At least that's my understanding.

Well, according to the ATF anyway.

ETA: I'd LOVE for someone to jump in here and tell me I'm wrong, but after reading the tacked thread on the Benelli M4 as well as reading the related thread it links to on Benelli's web-site, I don't see how any gun imported after 89 with a pistol grip and a 5 shot magazine is legal.  Seems to me the legal full-capacity Benellis all have standard stocks, no pistol grip.

I'm currently looking into buying a Benelli and registering it as a SBS/AOW, to get around the 922r laws.

ETA: Again, the itchy genital thing applies.  Sorry for the hijack.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#13]
This magazine will hold 7 and 1 underneath and one in the chamber. I wish I could find out when they were made under the H&K contract.
I was going to buy the M4 back in December and couldn't find one. Right after I bought this Cals sporting armorty had them for a day or so. When I was looking Benelli was saying the collapsable stock was legal after the sunset of the ban. I wondered why no >5 round mags though. I bought this oen because it had 7+1+1.
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This magazine will hold 7 and 1 underneath and one in the chamber. I wish I could find out when they were made under the H&K contract.

Did they make the M3 before 1989 at all?  I didn't think it was possible for the M3 to be preban, but I'm no Benelli guru.

I know it's possible to buy pre-89 M1s.

When I was looking Benelli was saying the collapsable stock was legal after the sunset of the ban. I wondered why no >5 round mags though. I bought this oen because it had 7+1+1.

The Klinton ban also affected these "evil features", so there's a source of confusion on this.  Benelli has also done an about-face on their stance regarding this issue.  See the tacked thread on the M4 in the shotgun armory, and follow the link to the thread on benelli's forum.  

The AWB affected all shotguns, foreign or domestic.  It had to be a pre-94 shotgun in order to have certain "evil features."

Now that the Klinton AWB has sunsetted, you're only affected by the '89 import ban.  Domestic shotguns can have all these fun features.  Imports are restricted by 922r.  Folks who like foreign rifles like the FALs and the AK variants have to work within the confines of this law as well.  What they have going for them is an abundance of US made parts for their rifles.  That means they can stay 922 compliant by replacing a certain # (10 I think) of parts on their guns -- at that point, it's considered domestically-made, not an import.

There aren't many if any domestic parts for Benellis.  No, a domestic mag extension doesn't count.  The ATF actually has a list of parts which count for or against the rifle being foreign.

I've made the decision to purchase a Benelli M1 entry gun, 14" barrel, basically because they're shweet.  Thankfully that means I also won't have to worry about any sort of 922 nonsense.  I'm also looking to purchase an M4, and possibly register it as a SBS/AOW to get around 922r as well.  

ETA: We've totally hijacked this guy's thread.  It wasn't my intention to do so, I was simply responding to your comment which referenced the other thread where we started this discussion.  Why don't we take this back to that other thread?  I feel like I'm being rude.

ETA: Once again, genital itching.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#15]
i got a benelli preban with surefire in the EE

only $800
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I've made the decision to purchase a Benelli M1 entry gun, 14" barrel, basically because they're shweet
Isn't it class III with a 14 inch barrel. In our state 16 is the minimum barrel length.

To the other fellow that bought a pre ban....is it an M1 or M3?  Mine got into the country somehow.
I didn't know there was an issue when I bought it in December. Just told it was pre ban.
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Isn't it class III with a 14 inch barrel. In our state 16 is the minimum barrel length.

Yes, it's class III as per federal law, which is why it's considered AOW/SBS.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#18]
hijack away, more information to take in. also the money went to another gun, so im not in the market for a shotgun at the moment. but information is good, as someday, ill be here again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top