Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2001 5:43:55 AM EDT
I love my Benelli for IPSC 3 gun , but my gun does not have interchangeable choke tubes. This is a real problem. I have tried to make up for this with ammo shot size selection but this is not a proper fix. I NEED interchangeable tubes! Several good smiths have told me that the barrel walls are to thin to install tubes so I just need a new barrel. Question is :  Are M1 Super 90 barrels a simple swap interchange? Or do they have to be "fitted". Are there "generation models" ie: 1st , 2nd , etc. guns and if yes , do the barrels all interchange across generations ? Thanks in advance for all help.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:51:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Para069,

I own two M1S90s and as far as I've experienced (a couple of different barrels over the years) they are completely interchangeable - no generation issues.

The gunsmith guidance you received isn't exactly correct, you could have choke tubes installed, but the benelli barrels are chrome lined and makes the job a bit more difficult - I would recommend getting a 21" vent rib or the 18" rifle sight both are available with choke tubes.

Ryan
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:04:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Ryan , First Class Info !!   Thanks !  
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a 18" rifle sight bbl, it is really 19.5" and came with three choke tubes, fit perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#4]
i've got an m1 super 90 with a 28" barrel for the winged stuff...i'd like to get an 18" for camping/deer but haven't been able to find one around.  any suggestions?  where is the best (least expensive) place to find one?   thanks, sloth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top