Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2003 2:42:18 PM EDT
I can't figure out how to get the bolt out of the receiver.  
Specifically, the bolt handle obviously has to come out first, and I have wiggled, twisted and pulled on the bolt handle, just short of bending and breaking.  
What's the secret?  The manual shows an Italian hand in a suit with the handle off,  but no details on how it got that way.
Thanks,
Fuego
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I always just pulled the handle straight out from the side of the bolt assembly.  It IS stiff when its new.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I usually wrap it with some cloth to get a better grip and give it a strong yank.  I suppose you could use pliers, but be sure to tape the bolt and pull straight!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#3]
By the way, do you know of any good prices
on M1 super 90 magazine extensions?  In
a casual search of the web, the extensions
seem to be for the common pump shotguns.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#4]
CDNN used to have them.  I bought a nice walnut stock  for it there too.

Now I can go to the skeet range with a walnut stocked 22" barrel, and put the Zytel stock and the 18" with mag extension under my pillow.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]
geardoc, you can buy a 4 rd extension from the factor giving a total of 8 including one in the chamber.  Speedshooters International sells the DMW 8,9,or 10 rd extensions.  I have a 10 on my USPSA Open class gun and it has been flawless.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuego, use your bootlaces to wrap around it and pop it out.  I have a ding in my receiver from prying it out w/ a tool.  Oooops.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Geardoc, two of the three Benelli dealers in my immediate vicinity stock the factory +4 mag. extension for the M1 Super 90; sell price is $70.

Fuego, do what the others have said: just wrap some tough skinny cord around that thing and give it a good yank.  Once it's out, put a drop of oil or CLP in the hole to make it easier in the future; you should be able to do it again and again without the pull cord.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
geardoc, you can buy a 4 rd extension from the factor giving a total of 8 including one in the chamber.  Speedshooters International sells the DMW 8,9,or 10 rd extensions.  I have a 10 on my USPSA Open class gun and it has been flawless.

You can install the extension on a NON-PISTOL GRIPPED autoloader, but it is entirely illegal to have more than a 5-shot mag on 12 guage with a pistol grip, unless it is a pre-ban gun.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Gentlemen, thanks for the advice.  I did bust a shoelace, and expanded my vocabulary, but it did finally come out.

Those trips to the trap range left a bunch of crud in there that I was finally able to get out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top