Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 7:39:44 AM EDT
My cousin was complaining of malfunctions in his 'nelli after he put the sidesaddle on. I had heard or read that changing the balance of the gun or adding optics and stuff could affect the inertia recoil system, just wondering if anyone else had experienced this first hand, or if it was one of the many urban myths.
I know the M1014 has the gas system partially for this reason, and in my cousin's case, he was shooting cheapo-Walmart dove and quail loads. Mine hasn't bobled, but I have only run full power OO and slugs since I added the sidesaddle.
Just wondering.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:49:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I've only had malfunctions with the Low-recoil loads.(with and without the sidesaddle) Never with the standard velocity loads.

Everyone I have spoke to suggested staying away from the lighter loads in all M1's.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
the side saddle malfunctions usually come from overtightening the nut,which of course squeezes the reciever,even if its ever so slightly of a pinch---
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top