Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2001 3:16:03 PM EDT
Arrrgh!  I can't make up my mind!  The store I shop at has a G32C for $529 and a Benelli for $845.  I want both, but can get only one right now.  The Benelli would be used for Home defense/Range fun while the 32C would be used for carry/home def/range fun.

What would you guys do if you had the money for one but not both?

BTW, I already have a G33, so the ammo is not a problem.  I also have a 870 Exp. as a home def gun, but I'd rather have the Benelli.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I would get the glock 32, and put the left over money into the benelli fund. Is there a reason you want the compensated G32? I have run into a similar situation myself, maybee you can help me decide. What would you prefer on your AR-15 a 20" upper or a 16". Good luck with whatever you get. They are both good guns. What benelli were you looking at? I like the looks of the M3 Convertible, and m1, in that order.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking at the M1S90.  I don't even have my AR yet, so I can't help you with yours.  But, I'll be picking it up on Th. or Fri., and that's when I'm gonna decide.  Oh, and good call on that Benelli fund thing...that I just might have to do!

I want the compensated G32 so brouhaha-ette can shoot it if she wants.  As it is, she won't touch my G33.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I am assuming the Benelli for $845 is a post-ban (I am also making the broad assumption that you want an integrated pistol grip - if this is a wrong assumption, pre- vs. post-ban is not a big deal).  If it is pre-ban, definitely go for the Benelli first.  If it is not a pre-ban, I would forego both from the shop and look for a pre-ban Benelli on these boards.

For carry/home def/range fun, you already have that covered with your G33.  The analysis I would go through then is just a straight comparison between the 870 and the Benelli.  For me, the Benelli is far superior.  Another reason I would get the Benelli first is - Gaston is still making G32s, but Benelli can no longer produce "pre-ban" M1S90s.

By the way, I suggest a pre-ban based purely on my own experiences.  I bought a post-ban version first.  Was perfectly happy with it, but like many other gun stuff, you just have to upgrade.  So, I bought a pre-ban off a 'for sale' forum, and am in the process of trading off my post-ban.  

If you want a post-ban Benelli, there was a member by the handle of 'Jordan' selling one on AR15.com or GlockTalk.com for about $700 (note -I have no ties to 'Jordan' whatsoever).

Good luck with your purchase.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Regarding the G32"C".  I recommend one shoot both first if you have not expecienced a compensated model.  I have not shot the G32C but have shot a G21 and a G21C side-by-side.  The felt recoil on both are the same to me, so I just stayed with the G21.  

You mention that the G32C would be for home defense.  Since there is likelihood that a HD scenario would call for shooting in low-light, the flash from the G32C could be trouble-some.  Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, say I go with a Preban.  Does anybody know of a place to get one refinished so it looks new?  What do I check on the weapon to make sure it functions correctly?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a post ban Benelli M90 and it is an awesome gun. Does anyone know where to get an extension for the magazine?

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I just saw them on the Benelli website.  www.benelliusa.com
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a post ban Benelli M90 and it is an awesome gun. Does anyone know where to get an extension for the magazine?

Cal's has them cheaper than I've seen elsewhere - www.calssportingarmory.com/Benelli2.htm
although they seem to be out of stock right now.  I've been wanting to switch over from PG and 5 round tube to the straight stock and 7 round tube, but Cal's never seems to have both in stock at once, and I'm too cheap to pay for shipping twice ;) (not to mention any legal difficulties owning the 4 rounds ext tube with only the PG stock).

But yeah, I agree to wait and get a pre-ban if you want the PG stock.  If I had to do it over again, I would prolly go that route as well.  The price differential isn't that much compared to other pre/post guns.

Rocko
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If it's a post-ban just make sure you don't have a pistol grip stock & a 7 shot magazine or you'd be in violation of Klinton's 94' Crime Bill.  Federal Felony!
 You can have the long magazine tube as long as it's a conventional straight stock.

Not trying to be a smart ass just making sure nobody unwittingly gets themselves into trouble

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Brouhaha - I picked up a used pre-ban from GlockTalk.com.  The owner said he had about 200 rounds through it, and I don't really believe him because the thing looks pristine.  Just gotta be patient to find the right one so you don't have to worry about refinishing it.  

I bought my pre-ban for well under the $845 you are contemplating for a post-ban.  It has orig box, all chokes and accessories, and even came with an extra long tube and spring.  The deals are out there.

I have seen pre-bans on this forum go for $700 on up.  I have also seen pre-ban M1s and M3s on boards like gunsamerica.com from $800 all the way to $2500 (by the way, whoever pays anywhere near $2500 is either a fool, or just has too much money to care about paying that much).  
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Any ideas as to where I should search?  I've looked at auctionarms, gunsamerica, here, and glocktalk.  Where else should I go?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Any ideas as to where I should search?  I've looked at auctionarms, gunsamerica, here, and glocktalk.  Where else should I go?

You in Houston??

The big Astrohall gun show is this weekend!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll be there for sure
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:05:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Brouhaha - here are a few on gunsamerica.com

Here's one on gunbroker.com.

2439814 (although, this is an M3)

I don't know any of these sellers, whether the guns are still for sale, or whether they are truly pre-ban specimens.  Whatever you do, call Benelli to check a serial number prior to paying the pre-ban premium - there may be unscrupulous sellers out there who will just stick an extended mag tube on it so it appears to be preban.  Benelli's number is 301-283-6981.

Here is a site that lists some serial numbers in case you want it for reference:

http://home1.gte.net/bblakley/ban/

Keep in mind that this info could be wrong, but I find these types of references to be a good way to help you determine how serious you should be in a potential sale.  The safest way to be 100% sure is to call Benelli.  

Happy hunting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top