Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 8:31:04 AM EDT
Any time I see a picture of a US soldier in Iraq armed with a shotgun, that shotgun seems to be almost invariably the Mossberg 590A1. I thought the new M1014 was supposed to be the general-issue shotgun nowadays. Is it restricted to special units or something along those lines?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a USMC gun. I saw the gate guards at Quantico with them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I see, but wasn't it originally supposed to be a "Joint Services Shotgun" or some such?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to my knowledge. IIRC, it was supposed to be a USMC thing the entire time.

To be honest, there were 870s in the Navy's inventory up until a couple of years ago, soeplacing shotguns aren't high on anyone's priority list.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any time I see a picture of a US soldier in Iraq armed with a shotgun, that shotgun seems to be almost invariably the Mossberg 590A1. I thought the new M1014 was supposed to be the general-issue shotgun nowadays. Is it restricted to special units or something along those lines?

go to usmc.mil, then "news" and then Photo gallery, lots of pic there
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:08:49 AM EDT
[#7]
this one is cool!

HiRes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top