Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2004 2:16:29 PM EST
We had a Indiana AR15.COM shoot yesterday and probably had 50+ in attendance. I took my virgin M1014 after it has sat nicely in the safe for the last two years and let everyone abuse it. I told everyone in advance that I was bringing it and wanted to find out what it would handle. People brought every type of shotgun shell you can imagine--heavy loads, light loads, "00", birdshot, 2 3/4", 3", slugs, etc--and passed it from one shooter to the next all afternoon.

It NEVER failed to eat anything that was put down the pipe. Not one single malfunction. I cleaned it up today and it wasn't too dirty on the inside. The outside was another matter. It was dusty and had grass all over it. After a complete inside and outside cleaning involving an air compressor, it looks like new again.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:35:58 AM EST
where are some pics of this weapon?lets checkem out
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:33:01 PM EST
Impressive...but it should be for what they cost.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:46:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 3:47:39 PM EST by M4Madness]

Originally Posted By m1014:
where are some pics of this weapon?lets checkem out

I'm ashamed to say that I never got any pics of it before cleaning. Below are photos taken of a couple of AR15.COM members firing it at the beginning of the shoot (while it still looked nice):

Treadhead71

Shooter521
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:52:30 PM EST
excellent pics man,my M1014 is the same way,eats up all kinds of ammo,I;ve been having some difficulty posting pics on this site,I just posted a fresh pic and some others of my M1014 on the Benelli forum. seeya M1014
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:50:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 4:51:03 AM EST by Shooter521]
I own two shotguns, a Remington 1187P and a Saiga-12 – I like 'em simple and rugged. Despite that, I really dug Madness' Benelli 1014. Lightweight, utterly reliable and wicked fast. Has a great set of sights (ghost rings, tritium up front?) and a comfy rubberized PG and fore end. Even that funky nonfolder stock wasn't uncomfortable.

Downsides that I found, are:
1) while it didn't kick too bad with reduced-recoil loads, I imagine it'd put quite a hurtin' on ya with MAX 2-3/4" ammo (let alone 3-inchers!). Not as bad as other Benellis due to its gas system, but worse than my heavy-ass 1187P.

2) With engineering this complicated, you'd think it was German! Madness had never shot the gun before and didn't bring the manual, so it took us a little while to figure everything out. I understand where being able to disconnect the mag tube from the lifter might be a handy feature in some cases, it violates KISS all to hell and has no place on a combat weapon, IMHO. And that little tiny release lever would be hard to hit under stress, or with gloves on.

3) $$$$!

Madness, thanks again for letting me get some trigger time on the beast. I'll bring my Remington and my Saiga to the next event, and we can have a combat shotgun shoot-off; we'll have to ask GCG if she has any more Barbies to donate to the cause...

Top Top