Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2004 3:16:29 PM EDT
We had a Indiana AR15.COM shoot yesterday and probably had 50+ in attendance. I took my virgin M1014 after it has sat nicely in the safe for the last two years and let everyone abuse it. I told everyone in advance that I was bringing it and wanted to find out what it would handle. People brought every type of shotgun shell you can imagine--heavy loads, light loads, "00", birdshot, 2 3/4", 3", slugs, etc--and passed it from one shooter to the next all afternoon.

It NEVER failed to eat anything that was put down the pipe. Not one single malfunction. I cleaned it up today and it wasn't too dirty on the inside. The outside was another matter. It was dusty and had grass all over it. After a complete inside and outside cleaning involving an air compressor, it looks like new again.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
where are some pics of this weapon?lets checkem out
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Impressive...but it should be for what they cost.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
where are some pics of this weapon?lets checkem out

I'm ashamed to say that I never got any pics of it before cleaning. Below are photos taken of a couple of AR15.COM members firing it at the beginning of the shoot (while it still looked nice):

Treadhead71

Shooter521
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
excellent pics man,my M1014 is the same way,eats up all kinds of ammo,I;ve been having some difficulty posting pics on this site,I just posted a fresh pic and some others of my M1014 on the Benelli forum. seeya M1014
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:50:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I own two shotguns, a Remington 1187P and a Saiga-12 – I like 'em simple and rugged. Despite that, I really dug Madness' Benelli 1014. Lightweight, utterly reliable and wicked fast. Has a great set of sights (ghost rings, tritium up front?) and a comfy rubberized PG and fore end. Even that funky nonfolder stock wasn't uncomfortable.

Downsides that I found, are:
1) while it didn't kick too bad with reduced-recoil loads, I imagine it'd put quite a hurtin' on ya with MAX 2-3/4" ammo (let alone 3-inchers!). Not as bad as other Benellis due to its gas system, but worse than my heavy-ass 1187P.

2) With engineering this complicated, you'd think it was German!  Madness had never shot the gun before and didn't bring the manual, so it took us a little while to figure everything out. I understand where being able to disconnect the mag tube from the lifter might be a handy feature in some cases, it violates KISS all to hell and has no place on a combat weapon, IMHO. And that little tiny release lever would be hard to hit under stress, or with gloves on.

3) $$$$!  

Madness, thanks again for letting me get some trigger time on the beast. I'll bring my Remington and my Saiga to the next event, and we can have a combat shotgun shoot-off; we'll have to ask GCG if she has any more Barbies to donate to the cause...    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top