Blade Style: Drop-Point Utility
Weight: 7.70oz.
Clip: Black, Reversible, Tip-Up
Lock Mechanism: AXIS
Overall Length: 10.12"
Closed Length: 5.95"
Sheath Material: No Sheath
Class: Blue

Note: This is the first Blackwood design to use Benchmade's AXIS lock.

1) It is laughingly HUGE! It is a sword not a knife!  Why they even bothered with a clip is beyond me. You would look like you had an erection if you carried it in a front pocket.
2) It is a lot...I mean a lot of of S30V blade. It is .16" thick. I do like the drop-point utility blade shape. You can hack saplings down with this knife!
3) The grip feels pretty good. The micarta plus G10 handle look decent. Nothing to get overly excited about.
4) The blade opens fairly easy considering it's size. The thumbstud could be a hair bigger. I do like the contrasting black thumbstuds on the silver blade.
5) The lock up is rock solid as is every BM AXIS lock that I own.
6) The blade is centered.
7) It was sharp but I touched it up with my Spyderco Sharpmaker and it is scary now.
7) It begs to have the clip removed and a kydex sheath made for it.

Did I mention that it is large?  

I took a picture with it next to a Buck 110 since most of you know what that is size wise.
The Rukus is over 10" long when opened.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Any idea if they have plans to make a "mini" version of this one like they do so many of the other designs?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice. I will own one someday. Where did you find it? Most place online are sold out or either asking too much.

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top