Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2009 12:59:19 PM EDT
Looking for some open top mag pouches that can be worn on say a Wilderness Instructor belt. Prefer nylon, etc over kydex. I really like these from Maxpedition but their website doesn't say they can be worn on the belt. If they have a belt loop like my Roly Poly I may be in business. Any ideas? MOLLE webbing on the back is fine so I could put them on my chest rig later if I wanted to.

Link Posted: 5/24/2009 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the ITW FAST mag carrier myself.  It's not nylon (it's a hard polymer), but they rock.
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking for some open top mag pouches that can be worn on say a Wilderness Instructor belt. Prefer nylon, etc over kydex. I really like these from Maxpedition but their website doesn't say they can be worn on the belt. If they have a belt loop like my Roly Poly I may be in business. Any ideas? MOLLE webbing on the back is fine so I could put them on my chest rig later if I wanted to.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/catalog/9823b_1353_general.jpg

They can be used EITHER on a belt or on a vest/LCE platform.. as they are sized for 3" malice clips or the maxpedition attachment straps

That is how I designed them to work.
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can be used EITHER on a belt or on a vest/LCE platform.. as they are sized for 3" malice clips or the maxpedition attachment straps

Huh? You designed the Maxpedition shingles? So they would have to be used with the loops over a belt, there isn't a belt slot built in to the back like on the Roly Poly?

Link Posted: 5/24/2009 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh? You designed the Maxpedition shingles?

Yes, he did.

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like you would run a malice clip through the back, and then the bottom row of pals, and use that as your belt loop.  Good looking mag pouch, I would grab a couple if they came in MC.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one of those short pouches from Maxpedition. I never knew it was an EGL product first!

They are pretty nice, loop a short malice clip through two of the rows of PAL on the back and it makes a nice 2" belt loop.
The short shingle is sweet, I could actually conceal a 30-round magazine uner a t-shirt if I wanted. It's quite low profile.
Concealing a carbine, on the other hand...
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#7]
if MULTICAM is wanted then you can PM me - I can make something work.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Eagle makes FB style M16 mag pouches for belt mounting.  I've never tried those, but I do have a few of the MOLLE ones.  ICE Tactical, Diamondback Tactical, and tactical tailor make belt mounted pouches that use either Kydex or magnets to aid in retention.

I picked up a Maxpedition double short M16 mag pouch, designed for 20s or 30s.  I specifically picked this height to run Magpul Pmag 20s.  I used it a bit today; i would say it's best application is 20 round magpuls, as the ridges in the mag body work well with the horizontal elastic. 30s work ok too.  USGI aluminiums, with the smooth body,  don't seem to sit as securely  as a PMag does.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 1:26:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been trying to decide on a belt mounted AR mag pouch as well. I came across these. It says they are polymer reinforced.

I ordered one to give it a try.
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I have this same questions myself (thanks for posting)

.... Anyone have a review on Blad-Tech...these M4 Belt pouches look good...any thoughts...
Blade-Tech M4 polymer belt pouches

Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Tag!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have this same questions myself (thanks for posting)

.... Anyone have a review on Blad-Tech...these M4 Belt pouches look good...any thoughts...
Blade-Tech M4 polymer belt pouches

Thanks!

I run two of those blade techs on my belt setup for classes.  They work well and are solid.  Plus is that you can get any of the blade tech attachment points to adapt them to your setups.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=9&f=1&t=227765&page=2
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Those Wilderness pouches look pretty good. I have reservations about kydex gear for say going urban prone and putting all my weight on them. Crushing them and breaking them might not be a problem, but shear is what gets me. Kind of like the youtube video of the guy twisting the fobus holster and breaking it. I've broken some cheaper kydex gear this way.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Kind of like the youtube video of the guy twisting the fobus holster and breaking it. I've broken some cheaper kydex gear this way.

That's the difference between quality kydex and fobus crap.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I used the Balde Tech pouches for a class as well a few weeks ago . I ordered them with the teckloks, they worked well for me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kind of like the youtube video of the guy twisting the fobus holster and breaking it. I've broken some cheaper kydex gear this way.

That's the difference between quality kydex and fobus crap.

Agreed. Been reading on a lot of gear lately and haven't bought any pouches yet. The research continues.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Eagle makes FB style M16 mag pouches for belt mounting.  I've never tried those, but I do have a few of the MOLLE ones.  ICE Tactical, Diamondback Tactical, and tactical tailor make belt mounted pouches that use either Kydex or magnets to aid in retention.

I picked up a Maxpedition double short M16 mag pouch, designed for 20s or 30s.  I specifically picked this height to run Magpul Pmag 20s.  I used it a bit today; i would say it's best application is 20 round magpuls, as the ridges in the mag body work well with the horizontal elastic. 30s work ok too.  USGI aluminiums, with the smooth body,  don't seem to sit as securely  as a PMag does.

So if I wanted to use usgi 30s I would be better off with tall ones?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So if I wanted to use usgi 30s I would be better off with tall ones?

I think the tall ones look a little too tall. I wonder if you adjusted the shock cord down a little tighter if the USGIs would work better? They look like they would be tougher to clear the mag. Are you talking for belt use also?

I'm trying to figure out how to make a belt loop for a standard size 1 1/2 or 1 3/4" belt. A 2" belt loop would work alright, but I guess if you want to use a malice clip or the maxpedition tac ties, I would have to make the loop on the top 2 rows of PALS webbing and tuck the clip or tie behind the bottom row of PALS?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top