Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 5/1/2009 1:22:41 PM EDT
What should I be looking for in the rifle?  

I know I do want atleast 3 of them at some point.

I am planning on either getting the full length version or the PK version first.  I would eventually like to be able to put a CAN on it.  So, what should I be looking for as far as what comes on the gun and what I will need after market?

Please post as many pictures as you can so I can start getting some ideas.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#1]
check out RRAGES website.  some say mygsg.com is great as well.  check all the stickies above and go from there...
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Immediate upgrades:
Screw replacement
HK push pins
Cocking tube buffer
extra mags

Secondary upgrades:
Mount & Optic
SBR / suppressor
Stock & forearm
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for that advise.  Whats the deal with the pins and stuff?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Makes it so you can almost completely field strip the gun with no tools, as opposed to using two screwdrivers to get the stock, handguards and lower off...

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Get one.....you know you want one.......
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Makes it so you can almost completely field strip the gun with no tools, as opposed to using two screwdrivers to get the stock, handguards and lower off...

This. The gun is almost impossible to "field" strip it in the first place but the pins definitely help.

As for the screw replacement, the screws that come stock on the gun are made of very cheap metal that easily strip and after some time you will notice the screws start to come loose which can potentially break the weapon if something does come loose enough. The screw replacement is a quick fix and will make your weapon much more reliable.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#7]
i personally have found the case to be the opposite.  i feel it's not the stock screws, but the threaded components of the rifle itself that are cheap.  but adding the new capscrews and accompanying nuts with a dot of blue loc-tite give you peace of mind.  and it's an inexpensive upgrade that also gives you the chance to familiarize yourself with your new gsg and the way it works.  it also does away with having to use the orange handled tool and the psuedo philips bit that comes with it.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top