Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/2/2013 12:47:30 PM EDT
Looking for a survival/hunting knife. Looking into Ka-Bar I stumbled across the Becker Bowie. It is a bit big, but would work for clearing as well. Is this a blade you can hammer on the back with? I assume it is.

I was trying to stay under 100 bucks, other suggestions are welcome. I was also considering the Gerber LMF 2 and the Becker Utility.

I am not really new to knives, but the internets gets me confused with limitless options, so I thought best to ask. I see the Esee 6 can be had for just over 100. It sounds like everyone is happy happy happy with this brand. I have seen others with them, but didn't know much about them. I assume it is worth the extra cash? Did I just answer my own question?

Thanks in advance, unless it is useless.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the LMF, nice, sharp, but 420HC it wont keep that edge for very long and it'll probably chip if you do some choppin'. Plus, its got serrations . BUT...Ka Bar is pretty good as is Becker. 1095 Cro Van is a great steel. But i think you'll be more pleased with an Ontario GEN II SP series. Take your pick, they are all under $100 at knifecenter and made from 5160. I have 2 and they're awesome knives!
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Plus 1 for the Gen II Ontarios. Best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I went a little outside the discussion and got an Ontario RD 7. 5160 steel, Micarta handle, and a lotta blade. I am excited to get it! Also Molle compatible.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Becker Bk16 and don't look back. Got mine at a local funshow for $50 BNIB. Nice sheath and perfect sized blade for bushcrafting.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top