Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2002 2:03:23 PM EDT
Hey, I was going to order a new pre-ban 16" upper from bushmaster and had a couple of questions about bayonet attachment. First, can I have the standard gas block replaced with one of those 4 way rails and still find a way to attach a boyonet (it would be nice if I could attach the std. M16 bayonet, but any other model I'm willing to consider). Or do I need to get a standard gas block with a bayonet lug to mount a bayonet?

Also, if there is a way to attach a bayonet to a four way rail without the bayonet lug, would that be a legal way to attach a bayonet to a post ban gun, since the ban outlaws the "bayonet lug" not the bayonet?

Lastly, if the barrel is 16" instead of the standard 14.5" on the military carbine, will there be some problem fitting the bayonet on the rifle since the 16" uppers utilize standard (14.5") short handguards?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
CA

I do not if we can answer that

Great point "1911"
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
basically your gun is already an assault weapon so if you didn't register it its illegal so do what ever you want.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Blackrazor,

Eickhorn Solingen makes adaptors for their bayonets that will allow them to be attached to any rifle. I would suggest checking them out.Besides that, they make the best bayonets.

http://www.eickhorn-solingen.com/images/products/adapters/enlarged/A6.jpg

www.eickhorn-solingen.com/englisch/framesets/military/frameset_adapters.html

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 2:07:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Or, you can always do it the hard way, like me, and have the 16" barrel modified to accept a bayo...

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#6]
man from what i see in ure pic that shene is ready!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]
GlockA,

What avatar suggests and what you have seem to be the way to go, especially since it seems that the std. bayonet mount for the AR carbine won't work with the 16" barrel. Although, it doesn't seem to be necessary to modify the barrel to use the bayonet lug that avatar has suggested... is that what you're using GlockA? Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope,  I had KKF weld on a bayo lug in the correct place while he was doing other work on the rifle.  It is permanent and foolproof.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top