Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/6/2002 4:39:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/6/2002 4:43:42 AM EST by PbRx]
What do you think about this shotgun, featured at autoweapons.com:

http://128.121.188.245/photosv/battle7.html

Disclaimer: I am not in any way associated with this company. The gun just looks interesting to me, and I don't know anything about minishells. So before I shell out more than 1K for it (with the ATF tax), I figure I'd ask.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:11:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By PbRx:
What do you think about this shotgun, featured at autoweapons.com:

128.121.188.245/photosv/battle7.html

Disclaimer: I am not in any way associated with this company. The gun just looks interesting to me, and I don't know anything about minishells. So before I shell out more than 1K for it (with the ATF tax), I figure I'd ask.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:47:58 AM EST
This just looks like an SBS version of the one SOG is selling for like $300. If you really want one, buy theirs and shop the barrel yourself. However, in the configuration that is shown at that url, I don't see why they don't just register it as an AOW vs. and SBS (no stock...) that way the transfer tax is only $5 vs. $200. The tax for making an AOW is still $200, though.

Actually, I believe I know why it isn't registered as an AOW - they need to have started with a pistol or virigin receiver that never had a stock mounted. Since these were likely the same ones SOG got (just modified by this company), they were imported with the stocks attached.

Anywho, I've only seen a couple of reports - most indicating it is garbage. Apparently, the pump action requires you to first push forward and then push back to eject the spent shell.

Rocko
Top Top