BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 5:02:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/10/2020 5:05:15 PM EST by hessikin]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mac1020:
I just got shipping confirmation from ups on my level 4 plates I ordered June 24th.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I just got shipping confirmation from ups on my level 4 plates I ordered June 24th.

Interesting. I ordered the same around the same time.

Originally Posted By rainmaker9:
Still nothing on the plates i ordered on 4 Jun. My card was charged on 5 jun and I got the "shipping" notification that a label was printed but nothing since.

I emailed with order number and no replies

What plates did you order? III+ or IV?

Seems like Botach is just wildly inconsistent. I'm just not going to expect my order until September or later and be pleasantly surprised if they show up earlier.

Can't be disappointed if you set your expectations at rock bottom lol.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 6:23:50 PM EST

Seems like Botach is just wildly inconsistent. I'm just not going to expect my order until September or later and be pleasantly surprised if they show up earlier.

Can't be disappointed if you set your expectations at rock bottom lol.
View Quote

Yup.  This is how I feel.  So long as it eventually gets here I'm good.  Believe it or not Botach has been consistently faster by a wide margin than Optics Planet.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 6:41:46 PM EST
Placed an order for 2 of the level IV plates from Botach yesterday.  We shall see if I get them in by mid August.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:08:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By Subsonic300B:
Placed an order for 2 of the level IV plates from Botach yesterday.  We shall see if I get them in by mid August.  
View Quote

I ordered two of the Level 3+ plates, estimated in-stock date is sooner than the Level IV plates I was considering, we'll see how long it takes for them to get here (fingers crossed).

Tomac
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:54:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By Emt1581:

Yup.  This is how I feel.  So long as it eventually gets here I'm good.  Believe it or not Botach has been consistently faster by a wide margin than Optics Planet.
View Quote

Optics Planet has abysmal shipping pandemic or not. I've ordered from Botach many times and it's always been pretty prompt shipping, of course that was pre-panic buying too.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 2:41:22 AM EST
Originally Posted By GLD1980:
So I took some pictures. I recieved both of these plates within the last week. The LAPG LVL IV has an April 2020 date of MFR while the Botach BS LVL IV has a 24 June 2020 MFR. They both appear to be multi curved with the LAPG barely checkin the block and the Botach being way more curved and cut for movement.
Front View (LAPG top) Botach just under 11½".
https://i.imgur.com/YRtx6vX.jpg
Side (LAPG left)
https://i.imgur.com/wGn67JI.jpg
Rear
https://i.imgur.com/KDm4WtS.jpg
Top View, plates face down (LAPG right)
https://i.imgur.com/m8t4Ebx.jpg
Side, face down LAPG
https://i.imgur.com/wf322UC.jpg
Side face down, BOTACH BS
https://i.imgur.com/oJJXUap.jpg

@tatsngats

The LAPG Atlas PC molle is not stiched directly to PC at all possible points. Its boundary stitched along the edges to look functional but it should eventually sag and or tear. Its not a long term or extremely hard use item IMO.
View Quote

Did u order multi curve from botach or is that their single curve? $100 for level 4 plates would be a steal.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 5:43:22 AM EST
Originally Posted By OBrien33:

Did u order multi curve from botach or is that their single curve? $100 for level 4 plates would be a steal.
View Quote

Its the single curve but they are very curved. I am very pleased. I had to look up the definitions and concept of multi curve to understand the difference because I thought mine were multi curved because they look extremely curved especially compared to the LAPG LVL IV.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:54:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By GLD1980:

Its the single curve but they are very curved. I am very pleased. I had to look up the definitions and concept of multi curve to understand the difference because I thought mine were multi curved because they look extremely curved especially compared to the LAPG LVL IV.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:17:56 AM EST
Just an update. After several calls and emails botach cancelled the multi curve 3+ I ordered (they had no eta) and promised to ship me lvl4 last week. I never got a shipping notice, but my ups account shows a package from botach shipped on the 9th and arriving the 16th.

I have a eagle marciras with balcs panels that these plates were originally intended for, but I purchased a knock off jpc last week to build a lightweight setup.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:06:15 PM EST
I ordered my level 4 plates from Botach on june 24th and they arrived today, lighter than I thought they would feel. the whole setup I built wears pretty nicely which I am surprised about since this is my first plate carrier and I went cheap using mostly Condor, when I was in the Army we only had pistol belts with suspenders.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:12:31 PM EST
I never got mine. I did a changer back.

I got Botached
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:25:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By chewbacca:
I never got mine. I did a changer back.

I got Botached
View Quote
Without looking back through, when did you order?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:31:41 PM EST
I ordered my level 4 plates from Botach on june 24th and they arrived today, lighter than I thought they would feel. the whole setup I built wears pretty nicely which I am surprised about since this is my first plate carrier and I went cheap using mostly Condor, when I was in the Army we only had pistol belts with suspenders.
View Quote

Did I get Botached? I ordered 2 of the $99 level iv's on 6/19
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:30:42 PM EST
Originally Posted By Z_H_4_Life:

View Quote

I'm in the same boat, ordered 2 level IV 10x12 on 6/17 and status is at "awaiting processing".
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:26:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By jwmac:

I'm in the same boat, ordered 2 level IV 10x12 on 6/17 and status is at "awaiting processing".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Z_H_4_Life:

Ordered 6/4, got mine today. Give it 2 weeks
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:39:27 PM EST
Everyone is so spoiled by Amazon now. If it doesn't get here within 3 days we freak out...

I ordered some plates from Botach last month and it took about 2 weeks from order to my doorstep. That's really not bad in the grand scheme of things in a COVID world.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 3:57:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By xjronx:

Ordered 6/4, got mine today. Give it 2 weeks
View Quote

Yep, I'm not worried, just relaying info. I am honestly not expecting to see until sometime in august at the earliest.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:28:18 PM EST
I ordered 6/4 too.

I still have a pending FEDEX delivery date
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 5:45:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/15/2020 5:47:39 PM EST by Honda4828]
I’ve had a bunch of orders with Botach In the past. I’ve never received an order in less than 14 days, but I have always received the items.  Now ordering a item that’s in very very high demand/panic bought.. you will be waiting for a while I bet.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:49:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By blwngazkit:
Without looking back through, when did you order?
View Quote

June 4
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:39:42 AM EST
Received the botach level 4 yesterday. 6/4 date on the sticker. Definitely multi curve.

I originally ordered the multicurve 3+ on 6/4. After a bunch of emails i was informed they had no ETA on a restock. So last week I had customer service change my order to the level 4. They shipped within 3 days and I received them yesterday.

Following others time frames from order to receipt, that's about par for the course. Overall I'm pleased, and regret not ordering a 2nd set.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 9:02:36 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:35:01 PM EST
I ordered III+ a month ago because they showed as "In-Stock" when the IVs were OOS. My card was charged immediately. A day later the III+s showed OOS. My order status stayed at "Ready" for a week before it went to "Backorder". ETA went from 6/24 to 7/15.

The charge came off my card sometime within the first week or possibly when the status went to backordered.  

I wouldn't have ordered had I known they weren't actually in-stock and I would have ordered the IVs had I known(as evidenced by this thread) that they would ship sooner than the III+s.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:29:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By Clockwork138:
I ordered III+ a month ago because they showed as "In-Stock" when the IVs were OOS. My card was charged immediately. A day later the III+s showed OOS. My order status stayed at "Ready" for a week before it went to "Backorder". ETA went from 6/24 to 7/15.

The charge came off my card sometime within the first week or possibly when the status went to backordered.  

I wouldn't have ordered had I known they weren't actually in-stock and I would have ordered the IVs had I known(as evidenced by this thread) that they would ship sooner than the III+s.
View Quote

Dang, that’s not encouraging - I just ordered 2 level 4 plates that showed as in stock. There were 5 left when I ordered. I supposed we’ll see how that pans out.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 9:12:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By 170Driver:

Dang, that’s not encouraging - I just ordered 2 level 4 plates that showed as in stock. There were 5 left when I ordered. I supposed we’ll see how that pans out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 170Driver:

It seems that they're getting in IVs at a greater frequency, at least. There are a few members in this thread who ordered and received IVs after I ordered.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:46:06 PM EST

It seems that they're getting in IVs at a greater frequency, at least. There are a few members in this thread who ordered and received IVs after I ordered.
View Quote

That is good to hear. I did get the 11x14 level IV plates so I’m hoping that doesn’t slow things down at all.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:47:50 PM EST
Same boat here.  I too order a pair of level IVs on 7/10.    Place your bets...
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:09:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By scole1203:
Same boat here.  I too order a pair of level IVs on 7/10.    Place your bets...
View Quote

Christmas!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:38:25 AM EST
For those who ordered an in-stock plate, appx how long was it from order date to ship date? Thx!...

Tomac
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 11:32:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/21/2020 11:17:16 AM EST by Clockwork138]
Originally Posted By Tomac:
For those who ordered an in-stock plate, appx how long was it from order date to ship date? Thx!...

Tomac
View Quote

Their site said they had stock of the III+ plates I ordered. A day later they went OOS. My order has been on backorder for a month.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 7:49:02 PM EST
Level III+ plates are back in stock, and they're shipping them out today. I placed my order last month and they've been shipped out today
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 9:10:04 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 9:38:33 PM EST
Originally Posted By GlockMonk:
Level III+ plates are back in stock, and they're shipping them out today. I placed my order last month and they've been shipped out today
View Quote

Ditto!
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:54:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/23/2020 11:55:35 AM EST by Clockwork138]
View Quote

My status hasn't changed. Ordered 6/12.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 2:01:31 PM EST
Since their CS seems to be limited to automated responses...

I noticed this in the automated email:
If your order is over 28 days old and you were not charged, your payment method has been removed and needs to be updated so we can ship your order out.

Has anyone here had to update their payment method? Has anyone had their order ship after 28 days and not "update" their "payment method"?
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 3:10:33 PM EST

If your order is over 28 days old and you were not charged, your payment method has been removed and needs to be updated so we can ship your order out.

Has anyone here had to update their payment method? Has anyone had their order ship after 28 days and not "update" their "payment method"?
View Quote

After trading emails with CS, they gave me the option of emailing updated payment, or calling me to get it. I had them call me. Plates shipped 3 days later.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 5:17:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By xjronx:

After trading emails with CS, they gave me the option of emailing updated payment, or calling me to get it. I had them call me. Plates shipped 3 days later.
View Quote

Thanks. How did you get in contact with a representative? Everything I've tried so far has just resulted in automated responses. The response someone posted on page 2 then later another automated email asking "How was their support?" in response to my unanswered inquires.

Link Posted: 7/23/2020 6:24:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/23/2020 6:26:36 PM EST by snakeyes711]

View Quote

Yes! I did. I missed that shipment also, and had to wait 4 more weeks. I paid with PP

Make sure in the email you have the order number on there. They literally won't have any idea what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 8:48:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By snakeyes711:

Yes! I did. I missed that shipment also, and had to wait 4 more weeks. I paid with PP

Make sure in the email you have the order number on there. They literally won't have any idea what you're talking about.
View All Quotes

Did they contact you when the item was in stock after 28 days or did you contact them?

For my email inquires I've just been replying to my order confirmation email and adding [email protected] to the recipients. It's got the order number in the subject line and all details in the body.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:30:29 AM EST

Did they contact you when the item was in stock after 28 days or did you contact them?

For my email inquires I've just been replying to my order confirmation email and adding [email protected] to the recipients. It's got the order number in the subject line and all details in the body.
View Quote

I emailed them every day.  I also got a text,  and they called me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:55:13 AM EST

View All Quotes

lol. Botach is nuts. If I hadn't popped back into this thread, I would have never known about this 28 days payment nonsense. My order is not paid and is over 28 days now. Figured I would just keep waiting until Christmas as I'm in no rush; guess I would be waiting forever.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:06:13 AM EST

lol. Botach is nuts. If I hadn't popped back into this thread, I would have never known about this 28 days payment nonsense. My order is not paid and is over 28 days now. Figured I would just keep waiting until Christmas as I'm in no rush; guess I would be waiting forever.
View Quote

Not necessarily.  I got the same email and immediately reach out to them because I was concerned.  I think that DOES need to happen.  However they just verified that I was good and mailed my package.  That was paying with PayPal though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:06:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2020 12:07:28 PM EST by Clockwork138]
How are you guys making contact with them? Have a direct email or number to pass along? No one answers the phone and the CS and sales emails have only resulted in automated responses.

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:24:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2020 12:31:33 PM EST by rainmaker9]
How are you guys making contact with them? Have a direct email or number to pass along? No one answers the phone and the CS and sales emails have only resulted in automated responses.

View Quote

Ditto, i must be on their shit list.

I've emailed their CS line a bunch with my order number and have received no actual responses.

There were hundred of plates in stock when I ordered on 4 june, my card was charged the full amount on 4 june and I got a shipping label notification on 4 june.
Nothing since.

My order was paid but I'm in limbo so I'm irritated.
I have no way to cancel because it says "shipped" even though it obviously has not.

LAPG shipped the plates I ordered from them within a few days.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:31:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2020 12:32:07 PM EST by GlockMonk]
View Quote

I spoke too soon! The label has been created and has not been shipped, yet. It's just been sitting there...lol
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 1:20:16 PM EST

View Quote

I have one CS rep. Phone number you can send texts
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 5:42:20 AM EST
My III+ plates were ordered 7/9, shipped 7/24, should be here 7/28 via UPS tracking.

Tomac
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 6:48:15 AM EST
I emailed cs with my order number in the subject line, and politely asked questions about my order status. Every few days i replied to that same email chain. I think it took 3 emails to begin getting replies. After that they responded within a few hours or minutes to my emails.

I feel like they are understaffed and really busy, just like the rest of the gun industry. CS might be prioritizing emails that have multiple sends.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 9:38:39 AM EST
My III+ plates were ordered 7/9, shipped 7/24, should be here 7/28 via UPS tracking.

Tomac
View Quote

Great! Did UPS actually get to pick them up, yet, or just the shipping label has been created? Because, they sent the same email to me with the tracking info, but it's just sitting there at the warehouse.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 10:22:58 AM EST

Great! Did UPS actually get to pick them up, yet, or just the shipping label has been created? Because, they sent the same email to me with the tracking info, but it's just sitting there at the warehouse.
View All Quotes

Tomac

Label was printed on the 22nd, UPS picked up on the 24th.

Tomac
Page / 10
Top Top