Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 12:09:38 PM EDT
Does anyone have an opinion on the Bassett Machine scope mount for the M-14/M1A? My friend has one on his M1A and is very happy with it. It is easy to mount and has never lost zero.
I am in the market for a scope and mount for my M1A and I just want to get a good one without breaking the bank.
Thanks,

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#1]
How much is it?  What are materials?  Is it heat treated?  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know to all three questions.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a bassett m1a mount.

solid mount never had a problem
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The Bassett is the probablly the best of the One Point mounts.

it is inexpensive (Vs. Cheap) and works well on most guns.

Some shooters have experienced the locking nut loosening after firing a string, so a dab of locktite on it would not hurt.

The alinement keys are steel (much better than aluminum!)

All in all you get your money's worth and more!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:34:58 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for the Bassett Machine M1A Mount!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:37:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I also have one and it has never given me any problems.Got it for $25 at a gunshow in the original package and figured it worth the chance at that price.I have a super sniper 10x scope on it and it always returns to zero when I remount it.I'm currently looking at a different one to use for an aimpoint mount though as the Basset just wont look right IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top