Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2002 6:18:20 AM EDT
I just started shooting and reloading for my new .308 A-Bolt.  After spending a great deal of time researching and choosing a standard bullet, I came to the Hornady A-Max.  Well they shoot good, but if loaded in the magazine, the recoil flattens the balistic tips.
Is the solution to this picking a non-plastic tipped bullet, or are there other little ticks to try to prevent the tip smashing?
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure that the entire cartridge is getting pushed forward into the mag? Try checking the OAL of the damaged rounds to see if the bullets themselves are working their way forward due to insufficient neck tension.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Your OAL should be at 2.80.  Possibly longer depending on your barrel.  But the best place to start would be 2.80
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top