Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 6:37:23 PM EST
Alright, looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on a BA 50 tomorrow or the next day. I'm undecided on glass for now, but I'll probably go with a SS for a while. When thinking about optics I realized that BUIS were not included with the BA 50 from the factory. Anyone have any suggestions for irons on a .50? Thanks in advance.

-Dallas
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:22:52 AM EST
Originally Posted By dallasfromdallas:
Alright, looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on a BA 50 tomorrow or the next day. I'm undecided on glass for now, but I'll probably go with a SS for a while. When thinking about optics I realized that BUIS were not included with the BA 50 from the factory. Anyone have any suggestions for irons on a .50? Thanks in advance.

-Dallas

Why? Are you going into combat?

-David
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:51:00 AM EST
I'm just going to use buis from an AR.

I don't have my optics set up yet.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:37:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By nmmi9100:
Originally Posted By dallasfromdallas:

-Dallas

Why? Are you going into combat?

-David

Not planning on it. However, sometimes I like to shoot "long distance" (300 yds or so) with irons. Seems like a pretty decent reason to me. Now, suggestions? Will AR style irons work?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:21:09 AM EST
A robust set of AR irons will work fine...it's a flat rail on the BA50...hell a BUIS front sight and an AR carryhandle should even work fine.

I shoot plenty of irons out to 600 yards...but with a Service Rifle AR or a FAL, not with a 50 BMG at $3-$5/shot.

-David
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:23:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By nmmi9100:
A robust set of AR irons will work fine...it's a flat rail on the BA50...hell a BUIS front sight and an AR carryhandle should even work fine.

I shoot plenty of irons out to 600 yards...but with a Service Rifle AR or a FAL, not with a 50 BMG at $3-$5/shot.

-David

Thanks for the input, David. I just sent off my MO. My first .50 should be here Friday!!!!
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top