Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2009 1:25:23 PM EDT
My interest is in either AAC or YHM cans. My class 3 holder told me that all the suppressor manufacturers are backlogged approx. 3 months. Is this true? Or is the wait time longer or less? Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a YHM can on order for around 2.5 months or so.  Still no word that I know of.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
it depends on the product you are interested in.  Some (probably most but I don't know for sure) manufacturers make batches of different suppressors on the same line of equipment.  If they are sold out of what you want, you will have to wait until they start manufacturing that product again.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
What suppressor are you looking for?  Some dealers might have it in stock.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I am going to go either with (1) YHM Stainless Phantom 5.56 with 1/2-28 threads and (1) YHM Stainless Phantom 7.62 with 5/8-24 threads.

Or I am going to go with (1) AAC Ranger 2 and (1) AAC Cylone.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:42:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Tell your dealer to call major-malfunction or polite-society.They can give him the same price or cheaper that he would get from the manufacturer.Plus they usually have them in stock. I am a dealer this is what I do.As a rule I dont even call aac anymore.I just go directly to major-malfunction.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#6]
SP95,
Thanks for the information. I will look into having my dealer do just that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tell your dealer to call major-malfunction or polite-society.They can give him the same price or cheaper that he would get from the manufacturer.Plus they usually have them in stock. I am a dealer this is what I do.As a rule I dont even call aac anymore.I just go directly to major-malfunction.

+1 for Byron. He has most everything IN STOCK and is a distributor for AAC, SWR, and YHM so your local dealer can order from him as if they're ordering directly from the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#8]
i called yhm on monday and they told me 12 weeks was the wait time on cans right now i ordered mine on feb 19th still no sign of it
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#9]
do you have to wait for the can in order to summit your paperwork?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
do you have to wait for the can in order to summit your paperwork?

the paperwork has to have at least cleared for your dealer before you submit
ie, you cant be submitting for a can not "legally" (via transfer) in your dealer's possession yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top