Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 7:42:45 PM EDT
If I was to buy one of those bobcat weapons that looks like an MP5 and has a fake flash suppressor on it will I be able to later on down the road take the fake can off of it and convert it to a SBR (with paying the tax stamp and all the legal way) or will I need to buy another barrel for it. I want one real bad but doubt I can afford a SBR version plus all the required paper work on it plus what it will cost (tax stamp) with all the legal crap. I can see myself buying the BW-5 FS 9 MM and then when I get more money (a year or two ) convert it into a SBR. Any comments on this or suggestions. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:06:47 PM EDT
If/When you go the SBR route, you can alweays cut teh fake can off.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:27:45 AM EDT
Buy the FS modle. That way you can just pull a pin and remove the fake can. No need for a new barrel that way.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:35:23 AM EDT
photo of a SW5FS made in to a SBR

Top Top