Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/16/2005 9:44:21 AM EDT
I went ahead and bought the BW 89 despite alot of bad reviews floating around. I figured I could always send it to a H&K smith to get it right if need be. It arrived yesterday, and I went to the range today. I used WWB from Wal Mart and a mix of straight and curved H&K mags, all 30 rounders. I went thru 200 rounds in about 20 minutes. I had 7 failures of the bolt to go fully into battery. I believe this is due to it being new, alittle break in should help. Thats it. Ejection was good. Magazines fit very well. Finish is good. Trigger pull is slightly heavier than a couple of 94s that I have but overall I am extremely pleased with this firearm. I am having our Christmas party tomorrow night and one of our judges and our Commonwealth Attorney will be at the house so I will go ahead and get the paperwork signed for SBR. By the way I used the straight mags for about 130 rounds. An early Christmas gift for me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:54:23 AM EDT
My SBR SW5 dont like the win white box ammo from wal mart. It just about loves everthing other then that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:43:48 PM EDT
just got my SP89 this week, blasted thru 500 rounds of white box.....it ate it up :)

I was very pleased with the accuracy considering it has no stock.

I also used both 30 round curved and stright mags, also 15round........all with no issues.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:38:22 PM EDT
Don't SBR it before you get it to work...

Just a warning...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:52:39 PM EDT
I would say that it does work. I believe it just needs a couple of hundred rounds to wear in. I am headed back to the range Sunday so I will try to put 300-400 rounds thru it. Given that it still takes several months for approval I will go ahead and send the paperwork, if something changes in that time I can always withdraw my application. But thanks for the advice, I know where you are coming from.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:32:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HK_Shooter_03:
Don't SBR it before you get it to work...

Just a warning...

I second that!!!!

I will be SBRing, but not till it is perfect.

SW5's (types) are picky at first. I have about 1000 rounds threw mine and it is still picky with ammo. Not all are, but I have 2 and one is very picky. Still have not found out why.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:49:08 PM EDT
Went to the range again today and ran 250 rounds of wwb thru the BW89. I had one failure of the bolt to go fully into battery. I then ran 25 rounds of remington hollow points thru it using an H&K straight mag with no failures. I also tried out two new SRT commanche .22 suppressors. One was on my M16 with ceiner kit and the other on a P22. The suppressors got much more quiet after about 100-200 rounds.
Top Top